PDA

View Full Version : Crappy 6 disc indash changer

sd2775906
09-23-2002, 09:32 PM
I bought the factory 6 disc indash CD changer and lately it has been giving me an error reading..."E 03", whatever that means. The way I usually fix it is to beat the crap out of my center dash area and hit the side of the changer, but it takes awhile & dangerous when driving. Are the discs getting stuck in there or something. Stupid thing has been pissing me the hell off. Any ideas would help and does anyone else with a factory changer have this problem??

manybrews
09-23-2002, 10:10 PM
its a disc read error..
could be for a lot of reasons.
1)crappy cd
2)copied cd
3)moisture on the cd or in the drive
4)damaged laser tracking
5)dirty laser lens.
6)etc.etc.etc.

get it fixed under warranty.

Auto-9
09-23-2002, 11:43 PM
All I know is there's been lots of complaints about the factory 6 disc changer...I think 2 magazines reviewing the Galant had trouble getting past track 10 on some discs.

sd2775906
09-24-2002, 07:24 PM
An update, the piece of crap won't play at all now. I got it earlier to play, but it played a bunch of static and won't play at all now. I can't even eject the damn discs out. I called the dealer and said since I have 38,000 miles...it's not under warranty, but they'll look at it. What kind of crap is that, when does the CD changer have to do with miles? I do have the extended warranty though, but with a $50 deductible. This changer sucks and now I cracked my windshield again, this will be my 2nd windshield in 6 months. Now I need 4 new tires...I'm getting depressed now.

speedygalant
09-24-2002, 10:05 PM
I still have my cd changer. i only used it for a month until i installed my alpine entertainment system. make me an offer or just go to my website if you want to replace your factory radio and cd changer. Good luck.
www.audiostoyou.com ('http://www.audiostoyou.com')

sd2775906
09-25-2002, 03:55 PM
Thanks Manybrews & Rallifan for the answers. I have CD-R's in there and never did use a CD cleaner. Anyway, how the hell do I get the damn things out now, I tried for 30 mins and won't get the hell out. They won't eject and I don't hear the player thing moving inside anymore. I think the power cord to it might be loose or something because the lights on it flicker. Piece of crap. I'm getting a new one from the dealer for $50 because I'm 2,000 miles over the 36,000 warranty but had the car for 1.5 years, and I have the gold extended warranty package...he wanted $500 if I didn't have the extended warranty. If this one screws up too, I'm just going to replace the whole damn system in my car...which I should have done in the first place.