PDA

View Full Version : plug #1 is misfiring

Import_Beast
04-18-2004, 05:05 PM
ok it was raining alot this past week , while at was at a red light check engine light came on and when it turned green it sputtered while taking off, i go to auto zone and get it checked, the guy said spark plug one was misfiring, so i change my dad takes the plug out and sands it lightly, we put it back in and wensday thru friday it was fine. then saturday morning it stared again so i buy the plugs and was driving great yesterday and this morning, and then right now comeing home its sputtering again....what do i need to do, also when i replaced the plugs there was corrsion on wire 1, and i also have a evo hood . so water does get in the engine but i had it for about month and a half and no problems till this...thanks and please help

peanotation
04-18-2004, 05:15 PM
sorry to be off topic, but where did you get your evo hood?

Import_Beast
04-18-2004, 05:21 PM
i bought it off of soltero112 , he custum made it

Dark7GHawk
04-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Get a new set of wires, plugs( unless you already have ) and then check to make sure all the connections get put together properly and with the proper grease on the connections first. The guys at AutoZone can show you the grease I mean. Forgot the name of it at the moment. Oh wait, Spark Plug boot grease. Use it. Saves plugs and wires and makes them work better. If it still does it after that, get someone to do a diagnostic.

Import_Beast
04-18-2004, 06:44 PM
aww man, more money on the wires :cry: i just got them in december......sigh oh well ill do what u said and get the grease....what could have caused this?? i wanna know so i can prevent it from happening again

Dark7GHawk
04-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Over heated wires, Shorts, could be water under tthe hood, but I doubt it, since lots can come up from underneath in the rain and it never hurts it.

04-20-2004, 05:11 PM
did you gap your plugs properly?
how much did you sand off the plug? Where did you sand off?
can you get a picture of your plugs? I can probably tell you exactly what's going on if you have a picture of a plug after it starts misfiring.