PDA

View Full Version : dual exhaust

greengalant99
09-23-2002, 10:45 PM
i was thinking to put this week dual's but ithink its impossible is it? because of the 14 .. what do you guys think of doing a y pipe from the catalitic converter ? will it make the car faster better performance ?

pinoyesv6
09-23-2002, 10:59 PM
waste of money. unless ur running some forced induction. you'll benefit more from a single exhaust. you might see a fractional gain, but that will all fade away because of the added weight of the dual exhaust

greengalant99
09-23-2002, 11:04 PM
but it looks cool as hell

pinoyesv6
09-23-2002, 11:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(greengalant99)</div><div class='quotemain'>but it looks cool as hell</div>

yea it does...its gonna look great on my car...

Auto-9
09-23-2002, 11:38 PM
My exhaust shop was going to go the way of the Camry and just go under everything on the car's underbody with a y-pipe just past the rear crossmember to keep things as straight as possible on my V6, but I decided to stick with my single exhaust setup.

pinoyesv6
09-23-2002, 11:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>My exhaust shop was going to go the way of the Camry and just go under everything on the car's underbody with a y-pipe just past the rear crossmember to keep things as straight as possible on my V6, .</div>

thats how im doing mine. its cheaper and its less restrictive. but yea im not dropping my car so its kool 4 me

Auto-9
09-23-2002, 11:45 PM
Yeah less bends for them is cheaper...only 250 total price quoted. What I'd like though is a true dual setup where each bank of our engine gets its own route...

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 12:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah less bends for them is cheaper...only 250 total price quoted. What I'd like though is a true dual setup where each bank of our engine gets its own route...</div>

that would be good but yea not for me...at least not now. i mean i can do it now but i won't really benefit from it. maybe after some bigger mods, maybe better internals, or maybe forced induction maybe...

HeadAche
09-24-2002, 05:34 PM
It may look really cool, but u will lose power.. The addition of a second exhaust not including having to split the pipes will only cause the lose of backpressure.. Even with forced induction i still wouldnt split the pipes.. I had a upgraded ZEX kit and i was just running a single 5zigen exhaust with 2.25" pipping all the way back and i was okay with pressure..i wouldnt do it if i was u..

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 06:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist)</div><div class='quotemain'>It may look really cool, but u will lose power.. The addition of a second exhaust not including having to split the pipes will only cause the lose of backpressure.. Even with forced induction i still wouldnt split the pipes.. I had a upgraded ZEX kit and i was just running a single 5zigen exhaust with 2.25" pipping all the way back and i was okay with pressure..i wouldnt do it if i was u..</div>

actually its been done b3fore, @ least the catback on an eclipse and dynoed. there was a slight gain. like fractional i recall, on a non aspireated system.

Kwiksix
09-24-2002, 08:17 PM
:wink:
had it before the turbo and it's still on the car.
It has been said that it's not a big gain but with it on I've always been
able to out motor other V-6 galants.

99GalantOn18s
10-01-2002, 11:33 PM
wussup?? i was lookin under my car today after i read this post and noticed that the I4 can't have duals... our gastank is in the way... theres no way another exhaust can fit under there... if anyone knows any tricks as to how u can change that shit leave a post...

Auto-9
10-02-2002, 12:03 AM
It can fit depending on how you set it up, trust me...fitting well and properly is a different matter https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

TJC
10-02-2002, 12:37 AM
for the most part it's for looks more than performance. the extra money spent along with the extra weight does not buy you anything you can't do with a single pipe other than looks. but I guess each to their own.

as for routing, anything can be done as long as you don't care much about clearance. as long as your ride isn't slammed, going under or around the gas tank is fine as long as it's shielded. just think of the clearance they use just to go under axle in the catback.

pinoyesv6
10-02-2002, 01:14 AM
let me first start off with this, the I4's can't have a tru dual since they only have one bank of cylinders. if you were to make a custom header then u can probably push it but then why would u need such an exhaust like that for something so small.

the cat back is an option for every1. have a y-pipe after the cat, they run down and split apart. the piping can be routed just as easily on the drivers as it would on the passenger side. uhm on the passenger side, things are a lil bit tighter if u were to follow the stock routing but it can be done.

i ain't slamming my car, just cuz i do alot of off roading sometimes and well, im taking the cheaper, way out. putting the Y in near the rear cross member and going under the crossmember so the pipe is not protected from the crossmember. uhm eya i do some off roading and i might crush the pipe but not likely. and i get more peformance, and its lighter by a lil bit but if ur dropped i don't reccomend it. u'll be crushing the pipe once a month...