PDA

View Full Version : 7G starter problem - help!

peanotation
04-27-2004, 06:50 PM
I went to start my car, and it did this wierd clicking noise, but the clicking came from behind the stereo it sounded like. definatly wasn't the engine, it was too distinct. after about 3 of these rapid clicks, it started. drove fine. then i started it again 20 minutes later, and it did like 40 of these clicks before it started. could it possibly be my starter?

JiP
04-27-2004, 07:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>I went to start my car, and it did this wierd clicking noise, but the clicking came from behind the stereo it sounded like. definatly wasn't the engine, it was too distinct. after about 3 of these rapid clicks, it started. drove fine. then i started it again 20 minutes later, and it did like 40 of these clicks before it started. could it possibly be my starter?</div>

Stater Solenoid that actualy pushes the starter gear out so it can engage and start the car. Im not sure if you can just replace the solenoid or if the whole starter has to be replaced.

Ositoyb
04-27-2004, 07:45 PM
sounds like your starter is going. mine did the same thing. b4 it died. made a few "clicks" then nothing. when it does it again, but won't start, bit/bang it with somehting, like a rubber hammer, and then try and start it. if it does turn on, then yea, its you starter.

JiP
04-27-2004, 08:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>sounds like your starter is going. mine did the same thing. b4 it died. made a few "clicks" then nothing. when it does it again, but won't start, bit/bang it with somehting, like a rubber hammer, and then try and start it. if it does turn on, then yea, its you starter.</div>

Thats the starter solenoid =D

Ositoyb
04-28-2004, 11:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats the starter solenoid =D</div>
yea, but it will be cheaper for him to just change the whole starter, than trying to replace the selinoid pack. i was otl dthat by the guy as the auto parts stores. talk to one of the gyus here on the boards, a few people are trying to to sell their engines, and part them to sell parts.
1. Bronx
2. Seth
3. Slut

i've done business w/ seth and bronx(good guys), and im about to buy some stuff off of slut in a few dayz. So you can't say you cant find a person who is selling one. I bought my new/used starter from Bronx about 6months ago, and its still works good. Thanks again Bronx....
im sure one of these guys still has his starter, and tehy probably wanna sell it, so get to one of them QUICK!!!!!

G7
07-26-2004, 01:31 PM
does anyone have a starter for sale? Im having the same problem it's driving me crazy... :?

bronxbombr
07-28-2004, 12:34 AM
LOL, i just happen to have another starter for sale. Wow you must have the best luck.