PDA

View Full Version : gtz tweeter pod part number

Dominicano
04-29-2004, 01:28 PM
i am looking for the tweeter housing for the gtz i tried searching everywhere on the site with no luck. also i know that the piece that goes on the corner door are like two pieces i will need the piece that bolts to the mirrors two as i broke one when i was removing my door.

Auto-9
04-29-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm sorry I can't find my invoice from when I had mine replaced, so I can't give you the part number. However I can give you the price...my dealership charged me 26 bucks to replace the entire assembly (though did a poor job and I had to snap on the outer cover myself).

enkeiaka
11-02-2004, 07:44 AM
All you need in order to get the parts is a vin number to a car that has them in it. I did a serach and found a car the had them. The actual tweeter covers cost about 4 dollars each, but the real kicker is the tweeter housings themselves. You have to purchase both tweeters in order to get them.

Dominicano
11-02-2004, 08:03 AM
wrong, i got my tweeter covers with out the tweeters. and i did not need a vin number just the part number.

enkeiaka
11-02-2004, 08:14 AM
I am not wrong, I am just telling you what I had to do in order to get these parts. The reason they asked me for the vin number was to make sure the parts that they order will work on my car. Some parts you may not need the vin number, but I tried to give them the part number and they would not order the parts.

Dominicano
11-02-2004, 08:24 AM
thats why i order from rockville mitsubishi. i asked for the tweeter pod and thats all i paid for, the only thing i really wanted was the piece that holds the tweeter but that you got to get the whole tweeter set. i just used double sided tape on mine. "In the future if you are going to get raped by the dealer go to rockville mitsubishi they will treat you right" lol. One time i wanted to get the gasket for the oem spoiler and they were the only ones that sold it to me, whats why i dont even bother with my dealer who is a block away from my house.

enkeiaka
11-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Where did you mount the tweeter at in the housing? I am having trouble getting the tweeter at its correct angle.

Dominicano
11-02-2004, 04:21 PM
i mounted the tweeters right to the housing, i pushed it against the mesh that on and had applied the tape to the sides. The tweeter it self was a little to small on my so i used the housing that it came with it and called it a day