PDA

View Full Version : Brake question

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 03:46 PM
I think the braking problems we are having is due to the lack of ventilation. Those with GTZ or aftermarket rims should see less problems with brakes do to the spaces in the rims which allow more airflow. I for example have a 2002 mitsubishi galant I4 which as you know has hub caps. I have had to get the brakes done already with 24,000 6 times in which mitsubishi only turned the rotors. I feel that they are warping on going hay wire do to the amount of heat produced in the area and lack of air cooling them down. Also the squeeky sound is driving me nuts, your going downtown with the windows rolled down lookin good, then a red light the all of a sudden the loudest screeching you ever heard in your life. You roll up your windows and bow your head down in disgrace.

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 03:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LatinGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think the braking problems we are having is due to the lack of ventilation. Â*Those with GTZ or aftermarket rims should see less problems with brakes do to the spaces in the rims which allow more airflow. Â*I for example have a 2002 mitsubishi galant I4 which as you know has hub caps. Â*I have had to get the brakes done already with 24,000 6 times in which mitsubishi only turned the rotors. Â*I feel that they are warping on going hay wire do to the amount of heat produced in the area and lack of air cooling them down. Â*Also the squeeky sound is driving me nuts, your going downtown with the windows rolled down lookin good, then a red light the all of a sudden the loudest screeching you ever heard in your life. Â*You roll up your windows and bow your head down in disgrace.</div>

hey next time u go in, ask to return your car or get some kinda special deal to trade in your car. its like ur going in for a brake job everytime u go in for an oil change or something. totally not kool. also talk to the service manager and tell him to get it fixed right. fuck that turning rotors, if u turned em that many times the technicians know its already paper thin. and like it could be something else. the dealers must keep some kinda records of what they do. or u must too and show em that turning it isn't the solution. i dunno y they are being so lazy...the dealer doesn't lose money. mitsu directly does.

Gilhuly
09-24-2002, 04:00 PM
That's ridiculous that your brakes are squeeking. Ask the service guys if they've ever heard of brake-quiet. It's a totally normal thing. A gluey substance sprayed onto the back of the pads that keeps them from vibrating/squeeking when applied.

Shame on your Dealer.

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 04:06 PM
Well never take your car in for service and an Orlando dealership the suck all of them. I have never been treated so rudley in my life with the dealerships. My 2000 honda civic only had problems with the Radio which was a factory recall and when I serviced it they treated me like I just bought the car this in Orlando and San Antonio.

Messiah
09-24-2002, 04:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LatinGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think the braking problems we are having is due to the lack of ventilation. Â*Those with GTZ or aftermarket rims should see less problems with brakes do to the spaces in the rims which allow more airflow. Â*I for example have a 2002 mitsubishi galant I4 which as you know has hub caps. Â*I have had to get the brakes done already with 24,000 6 times in which mitsubishi only turned the rotors. Â*I feel that they are warping on going hay wire do to the amount of heat produced in the area and lack of air cooling them down. Â*Also the squeeky sound is driving me nuts, your going downtown with the windows rolled down lookin good, then a red light the all of a sudden the loudest screeching you ever heard in your life. Â*You roll up your windows and bow your head down in disgrace.</div>

If what you say is true about the rims...I have stock 15s allow, and it's pretty open...so I'll wait little longer before I make a decission...

I barely have 3500 miles and my brakes started squeeking, and yeah, it's annoying and embarassing

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 04:17 PM
Just remember I using common sense here to come to this conclusion I have not done any tests but I see other GTZ's and I personally have not heard any squeel when braking.

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 04:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LatinGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well never take your car in for service and an Orlando dealership the suck all of them. Â*I have never been treated so rudley in my life with the dealerships. Â*My 2000 honda civic only had problems with the Radio which was a factory recall and when I serviced it they treated me like I just bought the car this in Orlando and San Antonio.</div>

i think its just or something. i bought a mitsu in orlando, and they treat me really good. even got free oil changes and car washes for life. i even got to know the mechanics there that are working on the cars. to tell u the truth, i became friends with one of the technicians there and not only does he hook me up when i go there...he does house calls too if needed...just remember, they'll treat u the way u act. if u act like a dumbass, they'll treat u like one, if u talk to them like u what what ur doing...they'll talk like they know what they're doing

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 04:29 PM
I am puerto rican and we usually get along with everybody it's not the technicians there cool it's the stupid service adviser at Fountain Automall.

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 04:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LatinGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am puerto rican and we usually get along with everybody it's not the technicians there cool it's the stupid service adviser at Fountain Automall.</div>

wutchu talknig about lol...they kool as shit...

BlueESV6
09-24-2002, 07:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>... Just so you know 80% of the braking is done by the front rotors so there is almost no point to have discs in the back...</div>

I wonder if they sorted part of the brake problem out with later models--- 01 & 02's. I have an 00 and definitely had brake problems. I torqued the lugs religiously and still had them warping! I'd wait to do upgrading when the warranty runs out.

Once I changed the front rotors to crossdrilled... shazaam... no more problems! The fronts were the ones warping! I still torque the lugs religiously though... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 07:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>... Just so you know 80% of the braking is done by the front rotors so there is almost no point to have discs in the back...</div>

I wonder if they sorted part of the brake problem out with later models--- 01 & 02's. I have an 00 and definitely had brake problems. I torqued the lugs religiously and still had them warping! I'd wait to do upgrading when the warranty runs out.

Once I changed the front rotors to crossdrilled... shazaam... no more problems! The fronts were the ones warping! I still torque the lugs religiously though... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif</div>

mitsu said they used better rotors for the newer models because of all the problems it brought with the 99's

RedGalant2k1
09-24-2002, 11:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>

hey next time u go in, ask to return your car or get some kinda special deal to trade in your car. its like ur going in for a brake job everytime u go in for an oil change or something. totally not kool. also talk to the service manager and tell him to get it fixed right. fuck that turning rotors, if u turned em that many times the technicians know its already paper thin. and like it could be something else. the dealers must keep some kinda records of what they do. or u must too and show em that turning it Â*isn't the solution. i dunno y they are being so lazy...the dealer doesn't lose money. mitsu directly does.</div>

Sorry Allan, most dealerships are going to say sorry its a wear and tear item and theres no reason for them to cover it. However, there is a 12,000 mile warranty on the brakes (I believe), but after that good luck trying to get that for free. It could be something else, maybe the wheels are improperly torqued, or the caliper is bad, bad ventilation maybe? Either way the point is good luck on getting it done for free, its expensive and it takes time to do brake service, well at least a few hours.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Once I changed the front rotors to crossdrilled... shazaam... no more problems! The fronts were the ones warping! I still torque the lugs religiously though... Â*:)</div>

mitsu said they used better rotors for the newer models because of all the problems it brought with the 99's</div>

Not to mention the fact that in 1999 there was a Class Action Lawsuit against Mitsubishi for faulty brakes, guess Mitsu lost that case.

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 11:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>

hey next time u go in, ask to return your car or get some kinda special deal to trade in your car. its like ur going in for a brake job everytime u go in for an oil change or something. totally not kool. also talk to the service manager and tell him to get it fixed right. fuck that turning rotors, if u turned em that many times the technicians know its already paper thin. and like it could be something else. the dealers must keep some kinda records of what they do. or u must too and show em that turning it Â*isn't the solution. i dunno y they are being so lazy...the dealer doesn't lose money. mitsu directly does.</div>

Sorry Allan, most dealerships are going to say sorry its a wear and tear item and theres no reason for them to cover it. However, there is a 12,000 mile warranty on the brakes (I believe), but after that good luck trying to get that for free.

</div>

yea but don't forget that mitsu does cover their parts and service with a warranty too. forgot how long it was but hey if it happened that much he could still be covered lol