PDA

View Full Version : Easy Come, Easy Go

Bigg Boi
05-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Well...
I went out with some friends yesterday and we were playing around. My friend ended up crashing his CRX into one of those strip mall/plaza signs that have all the stores' signs on them. We all got wreckless driving tickets since we were going about 10-15 over the speed limit. Most likely, I'm going to have to sell my ES since the insurance is going to go through the roof.
I've only had the car for about 2 and a half weeks and I've gotten farther on this one than I ever did on the last one in such a short time.

Anyone ever get a wreckless driving ticket? What happened to you? Also, will my being a minor change anything? I have been told that pushing for juvinile court will give me a better chance at getting off with a less severe fine. Is this true? I'm in Idaho so if anyone knows the laws for the area I'd appreciate it.

Sammy_ES
05-06-2004, 07:13 PM
Who's going to tell your insurance company? Let them figure it out for themselves.

I know someone that had a DUI, lost his license and went to jail. He kept paying his car insurance bill, and they never had a reason to check his driving record so he still has is nice low rate.

midwestgalant
05-08-2004, 06:00 AM
they cant issue you a ticket unless they actually seen you driving your car and could give a positve identification of the car.
they can how ever give you a ticket for loitering or some other nonmoving violation but unless they saw you driving they cant do anything

same thing happened to me a few years a go when we were at a parking lot and someone in a sang started doing donughts.

I went to court fought it and won it is that simple

05-13-2004, 01:39 PM
If you don't switch insurance companies, some of them don't botehr to check your record at renewal ... but most do ..

Maybe try Traffic school ? (If available at your state)

COgalant
05-31-2004, 01:55 PM
My brother got a wreckless driving ticket about a year and a half ago...he was 19. I dont think the insurance company found out because like other people said, they had no reason to check his record. Needless to say his insurance rate is still the same https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif .

Bigg Boi
06-01-2004, 02:47 AM
Well that's good to know about the insurance thing. I'm hoping mine comes out the same in the end. I have a court date set for the 6th of August. I'm hoping to get off with some community service, and a fine over suspension of liscense. And my new job that I started a lil bit after this happened is going to allow me to keep my car! It's gonna give me plenty of financial cushion for any fines or insurance hikes that may arise from this. Plus... I can still have modding money https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Kittle99ES
06-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Get a lawyer. Half the time you don't even have to show up. While my lawyer was in court, clearing me of everything, I was in Vegas partying like a rock star. It was only a few hundered dollars, but well worth it.