PDA

View Full Version : Trade in for Lexus IS300

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 03:17 PM
I was just wondering what everyone thinks about this idea. I have a 2002 galant I4 being that I am 19 I think thats pretty good, but I have always wanted a Lexus IS300 and thinking about tradin in the galant for the lexus. I am in a limbo right now I know I am going to loose mad money on the galant (low resale value) but at the same time I work my ass off, full time school and work.

burthold
09-24-2002, 03:23 PM
Dude, you got more money than I do. If you can pull the lexus then do it. It has a higher resell holds its value longer and generally is a nicer car. I know I couldn't afford a lexus at 19.

Cheers,
Wes

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 03:29 PM
Ever since young I have wanted a Lexus, and now that they made a car with manual transmission that has gone into overdrive and it's going to make for a tight budget but these last 4 years have been hell and I feel it's time I do something for myself but at the same time I might hold off another year or two and pay the galant off and give it to my sister who is 16.

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 03:31 PM
just be like me and get a second car...

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 03:36 PM
can't afford that, the payment on the galant is 447 a month then the lexus is going to be a lease for 499 a month so thats half my pay check right there.

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 03:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LatinGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>can't afford that, the payment on the galant is 447 a month then the lexus is going to be a lease for 499 a month so thats half my pay check right there.</div>

oops...well i shoulda said, pay off the galant like me and get a second car...

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 03:41 PM
We will see I am one of those impulsive buyers so the fact that I have held off for a year has been a miracle on top of that I am moving to San Antonio from Orlando so I gotta get a new job I was thinking of getting a chrysler Grand Caravan and use that to go to work and put the galant under my sisters insurance and keep paying it so my insurance will go down for a couple of years and start saving the money. And for everybody who is going to make fun of the van deal we are going to be doing things on the house so I need something on the side that is cheap, spacious, and can carry alot of people. Then I will trade it in with the money saved and buy the IS

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 04:04 PM
You are right I have considered just getting the minivan but either way I have to get a car for my sister it was a promise I made to her for doing well in school. I did not do so great in school and never got help from my parents and I am so proud of her I will do this for her. So I think I am going to suck it up and pay off the galant in 21/2 more years the van will only be in the 5,000 range pay off cash put her on the galant insurance because even though she is younger girls are alot cheaper and myself on the van pay the galant off, trade in the van get the lexus and live happily ever after and smile with my master's degree sitting in the passenger which should be happening around the time all this happens.

Gspeedvr42k1
09-24-2002, 04:24 PM
just remember u cant do any mods on a leases car... keep the galant use the money to hook it up, when done overall it looks better than the is300 do what u want man u want girls and a thug car stick with the galant lexus is a old man car made buy toyota, if i was you and i had the choice between a 28,000 IS300 new base , or an rsx type s , 22,000 shit then u would truely be smart and buy the type s then u put shit into that car it flyssssssssssss

BlueESV6
09-24-2002, 07:25 PM
A lease IMO is a rip off. It's a way to get a more expensive car you really can't afford for a couple of years... but you don't own it... you have to pay big $$$ at the end of it and get bit hard if you break the miles contract.

I almost traded my galant for a prerunner but liked the idea of NO CAR PAYMENTS!!! I'm happy with the galant... yea there are things faster, sportier, quicker, smoother and cheaper...

but hey.... THERE ALWAYS WILL BE no matter what you buy!

Good Luck with whatever you decide https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

personally... I HATE debt!

mrjaydeeone
09-25-2002, 02:46 PM
yep good decision
but the IS is definitely a phat car...I had my friends for a few hours 1 day last week, and that car is quick

Gspeedvr42k1
09-25-2002, 09:32 PM
actualy the 5 speed manual is pretty fuckin slow for a jz motor.... *cough* 7.4 *cough*

Auto-9
09-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Hehehe they were estimating 6.8 seconds but all they got was 7.4? Ouch.

ozkrow
09-28-2002, 10:26 PM
whats ur prob...dont be a hater...!!!