PDA

View Full Version : brake pads

xSILENTx
05-09-2004, 10:03 AM
i have the brembo cross drilled rotors and my brake pads are worn down to basically nothing. the brakes shutter when i brake at high speeds but they dont seem to be warped. so can i just get another set of brake pads?

pinoyesv6
05-09-2004, 06:50 PM
yea, you could just get another set of pads. and then break them in properly. but i'd also just at least check to see if the rotor is still true. meaning its not warped.

snipe99
05-10-2004, 04:46 PM
quick question how do you break in the pads properly?

peanotation
05-10-2004, 04:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snipe99)</div><div class='quotemain'>quick question how do you break in the pads properly?</div>

i think Pinoyesv6 can answer this better, but the way i read on the box was to drive up to 40mph then brake very slowly down to 0mph. do that 8 times. and for the next few days brake very slowly, and don't press on them hard at all, unless of course you have to :wink:

xSILENTx
05-10-2004, 06:12 PM
i just orderd some ceramic pads from tire rack. if the rotors are warped or not i'm jsut putting new pads on cause i dont have the money for new rotors.

pinoyesv6
05-10-2004, 10:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snipe99)</div><div class='quotemain'>quick question how do you break in the pads properly?</div>

i think Pinoyesv6 can answer this better, but the way i read on the box was to drive up to 40mph then brake very slowly down to 0mph. do that 8 times. and for the next few days brake very slowly, and don't press on them hard at all, unless of course you have to :wink:</div>

thats the same way i did too. just make sure you let the pads cool down a lil bit between cycles...

peanotation
05-10-2004, 10:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snipe99)</div><div class='quotemain'>quick question how do you break in the pads properly?</div>

i think Pinoyesv6 can answer this better, but the way i read on the box was to drive up to 40mph then brake very slowly down to 0mph. do that 8 times. and for the next few days brake very slowly, and don't press on them hard at all, unless of course you have to :wink:</div>

thats the same way i did too. just make sure you let the pads cool down a lil bit between cycles...</div>

the whole point is to prevent them from "glazing" over. if you know anything about carpentry, if you burn a piece of wood because you sanded it too fast, you can never get the burnt wood to go away unless you physically cut it. so once the pads are glazed, they'll never "unglaze" themselves.