PDA

View Full Version : passenger window

dre24k
08-11-2002, 12:00 PM
my window goes up real slow after it rains https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

manybrews
08-11-2002, 01:39 PM
lube the runchannel with some type of liquid silicon.

unclesteve
08-11-2002, 05:29 PM
i'm having the same problem. it's more then likely your window motor. it's a dealer only part. it costs around $125.00.

pinoyesv6
08-11-2002, 10:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dre24k)</div><div class='quotemain'>my window goes up real slow after it rains Â*:(</div>

i'd listen carefully when it does that. to help pinpoint the problem, maybe there is friction somewhere, maybe there is a short, maybe on of the window mechanisms are slipping or damaged

2True
08-11-2002, 11:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>probably a failed window regulator..

i think i replaced a few THOUSAND of those from 94 to 97, before they changed the design.</div>

So my 98 has the re-designed model? Kewl... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

smonijhay
08-12-2002, 10:02 AM
yeah I got the same problem, my driver's side window sometimes just doesn't want to roll up (and that was AFTER I replaced the regulator). I think I may have a short in mine. When I fiddle with it for a few minutes, it goes back up. Sometimes I have to "help" my back window go up because it gets stuck. I can tell that one isn't a power issue..... just sticky :roll:

manybrews
08-12-2002, 12:37 PM
probably a failed window regulator..

i think i replaced a few THOUSAND of those from 94 to 97, before they changed the design.

So my 98 has the re-designed model? Kewl... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

it still has the potential to fail.

2True
08-12-2002, 12:45 PM
LOL, always the optimist manybrews! haha, I burned one out last winter trying to open a window that was frozen shut! Come to think of it, most of my car problems boil down to me being an idiot... I'm getting better though :thumbsup:

94reyES
08-14-2002, 09:36 AM
probably a failed window regulator..

i think i replaced a few THOUSAND of those from 94 to 97, before they changed the design.

I had to replace my power window motor on my 94ES last year. A buddy of mine had the exact same problem. I guess you'd have to do the same.

manybrews
08-14-2002, 06:10 PM
im serious when i said ive replaced a thousand of those, you know..

alright, maybe thats a small exaggeration, but not much.. i think my record was 6 in a day, and at least one everyday for 18 days.

they were REALLY crappy...

smonijhay
08-15-2002, 08:59 AM
Question: Has Mitsu ever recalled those regulators?

mozelle69
08-18-2002, 02:43 PM
I guess I can chime in with the same problem.....at first, it would be slow to roll up.....then it would have to make up its mind if it wanted to go.....now I can roll the SOB down, but it won't go back up....however, this is only with the control on the driver side.....the control on the passenger door does fine.....