PDA

View Full Version : Stupid check engine light

Mazarin
05-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Ok, the light's on, but I don't hear any sounds anywhere, no hesitation, no trans problems, no vibrations, no nothing.

The only thing I can think of was I was driving in the worst rain I had ever seen. It was coming down so hard that on a wide open highway, we were only going 15 and still couldn't see out the windshield. Cars were leaving wakes in the road. So I'm thinking w/ all the water, I fried an O2 censor. Any validity to my thoughts?

peanotation
05-18-2004, 01:04 AM
seems possible, also might want to think about maybe your MAS? what do the friendly assholes at autozone have to say when they hook up to your comp?

Ositoyb
05-18-2004, 08:13 AM
yea, check out zone. But b4 you do this, did you put gas in your G(even if you didnt, try this), while you cars off, undo you gas cap, and then put it back on, but make sure its on tight. enough so you can hear the "clicking" 3 times. then turn on you car, there might be some air in your gas tank. If this doesnt work, try it with your car on. Turn on you G, remove the gas cap, and then put it back on, and make sure you hear the "Clicks" again. see if this helps. this happened to me last year, i was chill'n at Burger King, and all of a sudden my CEL came on, and this is what i did, and it worked. hope it works for you.