PDA

View Full Version : a/f ratio really fucked up.

peanotation
05-20-2004, 04:16 AM
this has been gradually getting worse over time, and i've confirmed all readings from my autometer a/f gauge with a volt meter, so it's not a bad gauge.

Problem #1: my car no longer bounces from lean to rich. it bounces from lean to the top of stoich. very rarely will it go into one green bar in the rich. this happens at idle and when driving while not accelerating/decelerating. it will never go into the green unless i completely floor it, and only then will it go about 2 bars into the green. that's if i'm lucky. wtf....i mean, wtf.
Problem #2: If I decelerate at high RPMs, like cruising down from 100mph, and the a/f meter should normally go the last red line in lean. well now, it goes BELOW the last red line in lean, and the gauge is completely blank. on the voltmeter, this appears as 0 volts.

JiP
05-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Problem1: Nothing bad really stoich is good save gas..you shouldnt be flying into rich end unless your under heavy throttle and the cars out of closed loop.

Problem2: I spent the past 2 days geting my car to be blank under no throttle. My car was always blank in pure stock form. Until I did the DOHC swap when theres no throttle at crusing speed the meter wouldbe on the last red bar..that anoyd me..It ended up having to do with my TPS reading 5% when the plate was closed instead of 0. And I could get it to read 0% closed 100% WOT, so I threw in the 1g sensor and that solved that problem and I am back to having the o2 meter blank when I lift off the peddle crusiing speed until rpms drop to around 1500 thats when the ecu takes over again..

Dont think first is a big problem unless your car doesnt respond well anymore, but if you have an AFC and a logger you can just make some adjustments.

peanotation
05-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Problem1: Nothing bad really stoich is good save gas..you shouldnt be flying into rich end unless your under heavy throttle and the cars out of closed loop.

Problem2: I spent the past 2 days geting my car to be blank under no throttle. My car was always blank in pure stock form. Until I did the DOHC swap when theres no throttle at crusing speed the meter wouldbe on the last red bar..that anoyd me..It ended up having to do with my TPS reading 5% when the plate was closed instead of 0. And I could get it to read 0% closed 100% WOT, so I threw in the 1g sensor and that solved that problem and I am back to having the o2 meter blank when I lift off the peddle crusiing speed until rpms drop to around 1500 thats when the ecu takes over again..

Dont think first is a big problem unless your car doesnt respond well anymore, but if you have an AFC and a logger you can just make some adjustments.

yeah, it's just that before, it would bounce from the bottom red to the last green, basically both ends of the spectrum. now, like i said, it doesn't go into the green. and when i floor it it doesn't go into the green past one bar, that obviously isn't good. i'll try resetting the ECU. untill the car starts to really fuck up engine wise, i'll just let it go, but keep an eye on it.

JiP
05-20-2004, 09:50 PM
um flooring it only brings it 1 bar into green? That no good at all. you should be runing much richer then that...Hmm if I remember correctly the o2 sensor isnt used in open loop mode, so the problem would be something else like your mas or quite possible tps sensor isnt adjusted correctly...i cant think of anything else right now..hmm..

Moosh
05-21-2004, 10:23 AM
How many miles are on your car? Have you ever replaced the fuel filter? You may be getting a fuel pressure problem that is preventing you from shooting enough gas into the engine.

yeah, it's just that before, it would bounce from the bottom red to the last green, basically both ends of the spectrum. now, like i said, it doesn't go into the green. and when i floor it it doesn't go into the green past one bar, that obviously isn't good. i'll try resetting the ECU. untill the car starts to really fuck up engine wise, i'll just let it go, but keep an eye on it.