PDA

View Full Version : Intermittant Cruise Control

IHateMyGalant
05-23-2004, 11:30 PM
I fix one problem and get another. When I turn my cruise on, the dash switch lights orange, like it should. When I press the lever down to engage it, the green "cruise" light on the dash comes on for a second and then goes out and the cruise does not work. Other times, all works as normal. Has this happened to anyone else? :evil:

peanotation
05-24-2004, 12:36 AM
i havn't experienced any of that, but in order to "set" my cruise, i need to push down the lever about 5 times. i've got it down to a science, where i push down 4 quick times, and one long time after that, and it finally sets. also, if i press the brake while cruising, and i slow down a bunch, a second later, it'll kick back in and shoot me back up to where i was cruising at. pretty lame, especially when you're coasting into a red light and a cop is there.

Dark7GHawk
05-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Suckers, I have to be in 5th gear and the clutch or brake disengages the cruise. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif No ramming cops at red lights for me!!

And since I have a manual, the cruise was used less, so it always works on the second pull of the lever, if not the first.