PDA

View Full Version : auto-transmission - gear shifting

know_fun
05-27-2004, 05:33 PM
i've had this problem for awhile now. i bought the car used. it hasn't gotten worse since i got the car so i don't think its a big problem. its probably just because my car has 139k miles on it. when my car is coasting and the car downshifts, it downshift abit to hard. even when i'm braking, i can feel the downshift even harder. its the same feeling when you let go of the clutch to quick. anyone know whats wrong?

know_fun
05-29-2004, 03:41 AM
ok i think i'm the only 1 with this problem

ArtyG
06-02-2004, 10:54 AM
i have the same problem sometimes. but as of right now, this is the least of my worries. one thing at a time. first, my cars gotta actually crank over! :? If I am able to get any info, I'll post ASAP.

know_fun
06-03-2004, 04:23 AM
alright thanks. if i get the problem fixed i'm do the same

4-G-rim
06-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Has the car had a ATF flush...not just a drain and fill, but a flush of the whole system? May need a complete flush since its high milage especially if it hasn't been done. Now...its very vague about the description about the car "downshifting hard". It sounds like its transimission related..but you can have "jerking" if vaccum lines are loose or if the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is out of whack it could do that too (I have had that problem recently). Another thing if the ATF flush doesn't work..it could be possibly the torque converter giving up. Hope this helps though.

peanotation
06-09-2004, 05:31 PM
possibly a clutch issue

know_fun
06-16-2004, 05:13 AM
i cant remember if this shop did a flush or just a drain but they change my ATF. it helped alittle. by "downshifting hard" i mean when you pop the clutch abit to fast. i'm going to check my TC and see if thats it.
i know this is a factor to when i go from reverse to drive the car shifts HARD.

Marky
06-16-2004, 06:29 AM
Just want to post here so I can find this post when I need to.