PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensor Removal

EsRacer
09-24-2002, 09:24 PM
I had the Kamikaze headers that didn't fit the first time around, so now I just received replacement headers for the Eclipse, and they look like they'll fit. I unbolted everything and got stuck on the O2 sensor. I can't take it the heck off. I don't know how to. There's grip around it so it looks like you need to un-tighten it with an open end wrench. I already tried that with no results. So anyone who knows how to take it off please post it here. Any help is appreciated. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Fishboy55
09-24-2002, 09:26 PM
You need an O2 sensor wrench. Seriously. Try Autozone or pep boys. I think you can borrow one for free at Autozone. If you use a regular wrench you risk screwing up the sensor wiring.

Chip

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 09:27 PM
go to the auto parts store. there is a special socket for o2 sensors. it looks like a socket but with a slit down the middle for the wires

cdaw2001ES
09-25-2002, 03:58 PM
a 22MM open end wrench will work, but the special socket is better. Use some PB Blaster or wd-40 shot down in the threads, then work it.

EsRacer
10-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Thanx for the input. I just went and bought the O2 wrench and it worked like a charm with some WD-40. I already have the headers installed and it works great. Thanks for your guys help.

pinoyesv6
10-15-2002, 12:18 PM
i just found out that places like autozone lets you loan out oxygen sensor removal tools...so you don't need to buy one