PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor - header

NavBlueGold
06-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Hey all,
I just got a set of headers from someone I knew (they're Kamikazes). My SES light came on, which I expected, and now I'm looking at the ways to kill it off. I searched TGC and found the mileliminator posts to solve the sensor reading. Does anyone know if they actually work? I looked on the mileliminator site and all I found were ones for Ford's. These dont function on the same coding as our Mitsus do they?

b-boy_sky
06-01-2004, 02:46 PM
They do work because I had one on my car for almost a year and I didn't throw an SES code. You can use the one marked for the Ford Mustang(that's the one I had on) but the instructions don't match our O2 sensor. I believe the wiring was the grey wires on the mil eliminator go on any one of the black wires on the O2 sensor and the other two wires on the mil eliminator goes on the blue wire of the O2 sensor. Keep in mind that this throws a constant condintion for the mil status and If you plan on going SDS you will need to remove it since the SDS uses the mil status to run properly....

NavBlueGold
06-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info.
Maybe the light will go out now....

PaulBlackGSX
06-12-2004, 01:45 PM
If it's the rear O2 sensor, you can get an O2 simulator for 25-50 dollars around the web. Most O2 sims work on an ODB II (96 and newer) vehicle. You'll never get the check engine light.