PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 94 Galant HJ V6 (In Australia)

Simonk86
06-03-2004, 05:40 AM
Hi, I appologise if this question has been asked a lot before, but I am interested in buying
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!c...rch_distance=25 ('http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=134420&current_rec=1&total_rec=1&sort_type=&make_id=3&model_id=94&state_id=1&search_distance=25')
that car.

I have looked on the net but I could not find very much information at all about these cars. I'm buying it as my first car, not for something to race or anything, just to get around and go to school, but i wouldnt mind a little bit of grunt.

How do these things go in terms of reliability, since i'm planning to have this for at least 3 or 4 years. Are repairs / finding parts hard or expensive? The price is quite cheap, but I havn't looked at the car yet... I think it seems to be in fairly good condition.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, hopefully before this weekend, as that is when i'm going to be looking at this car.

Thankyou

sethmo
06-03-2004, 07:11 AM
That is a very nice looking car, I wish our Galants in the US looked that good. They are pretty reliable cars. In the 2 years I have had my cars I have only had to replace my brake pads and lower ball joints(recall), along with regular maintenance. My car has been very good to me, and here parts are not hard to find.

RoOkS
06-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Hello : )

Bought a 1993 HJ V6 from Adelaide.
75,500km
The only Extra is a sunroof.

Cruise crontrol busted (only knew after purchase)

all and all costs me $10,500 asking price $11,500.

The parts are expensive being an import vehicle. compared to Magnas/lancers which are local.
however no problem so far. except for a temporary vbelt noise (abt 83,000km) that disappeared after about one week.

Put 15-35kw Oil...not too thin because it'll produce a tapping noise at cold start which scared the #$#@ out of me because it was diagnosed as a $2500 lifter problem. Was using Castrol magnatec which is 10-40kw and it was too thin.

GalanTs rock!!!! : )
oh yeah...its premium fuel only btw. But you get 1litre/10.5kms not too bad

aRDEi
06-18-2004, 01:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoOkS)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello : )

Bought a 1993 HJ V6 from Adelaide.
75,500km
The only Extra is a sunroof.

Cruise crontrol busted (only knew after purchase)

all and all costs me $10,500 asking price $11,500.

The parts are expensive being an import vehicle. compared to Magnas/lancers which are local.
however no problem so far. except for a temporary vbelt noise (abt 83,000km) that disappeared after about one week.

Put 15-35kw Oil...not too thin because it'll produce a tapping noise at cold start which scared the #$#@ out of me because it was diagnosed as a $2500 lifter problem. Was using Castrol magnatec which is 10-40kw and it was too thin.

GalanTs rock!!!! : )
oh yeah...its premium fuel only btw. But you get 1litre/10.5kms not too bad</div>

sweet! Now take some pics and show us all! Also is it manual? And what colour?

It's a little more than what I want to pay to buy a HJ (in two years) but it sounds like a great car overall.

Any other problems with the car?

oh and welcome https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif