PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous delivery/fuel issues

peanotation
06-06-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm gonna be running a 55shot, my main concern is, will the fuel pump be able to keep up with this? Should I play it safe and get a new fuel pump? I want to know what you gear heads think. Also, should anything be upgraded on a stock engine for a 55shot? Thanks.

06-06-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm gonna be running a 55shot, my main concern is, will the fuel pump be able to keep up with this? Should I play it safe and get a new fuel pump? I want to know what you gear heads think. Also, should anything be upgraded on a stock engine for a 55shot? Thanks.
I think you should reconsider spraying, for no other reason than that spraying seriously takes time, effort, money, knowledge, and experience. If you blow something up, you don't have a car, and I don't know how capable you are of rebuilding the motor or replacing valves. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
A 55 shot *should* be ok for a stock motor, with proper fuel and ignition. You can get a cheap little ZEX kit that has a box with it that automatically adjusts fuel flow when you spray.

peanotation
06-06-2004, 03:59 PM
I think you should reconsider spraying, for no other reason than that spraying seriously takes time, effort, money, knowledge, and experience. If you blow something up, you don't have a car, and I don't know how capable you are of rebuilding the motor or replacing valves. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
A 55 shot *should* be ok for a stock motor, with proper fuel and ignition. You can get a cheap little ZEX kit that has a box with it that automatically adjusts fuel flow when you spray.

yeah, i'd get a Zed dry kit. basically, i'm sick of driving a minivan killer, and i want some power, and i don't have the advanced knowledge to start rebuilding the engine with cams and valves and all that. nitrous is quick and fun. everyone pretty much says anything below a 75 shot is ok, so i think a 55shot is fine. i just need that boost back. steer me in the right direction scooty.

Ositoyb
06-06-2004, 05:56 PM
didnt you just have a tranny fart,lol....i really havent had any experience with spray, but i've heard the same, anything under 75 you shoudl be okay, as long as you dont get trigger happy in one race.

VA_LANCER_RACER
06-06-2004, 10:37 PM
I had a 75 shot on my G and it blew the trans. well put it in "safe mode" which is basically running in 2nd gear from what the mitsu people told me. They switched it back to normal and it was fine till it started fuckin up around 100k miles. I hardly used the nos at all except for couple times at the track and a couple on the roads. Check your local laws, in va it's illegal to have your nos hooked up unless going to or from the track. Its a very expensive mod, installation was expensive and refills are like 30 a pop. Other than that I had intake and exhaust, no fuel mods, just gotta run colder plugs.