PDA

View Full Version : Muffler Inlet Size?

Jet Black
06-06-2004, 07:53 PM
I dont want to get a whole muffler, just a new tip. The one I have right now is to tiny for my v6 (2"). I was wondering what the V6 tip size is?

Thanks

Auto-9
06-07-2004, 03:24 AM
I *think* it's 2 inches stock. I forgot what I measured mine out to be.

pinoyesv6
06-07-2004, 11:19 AM
i dunno if my dollar store ruler was accurate or not but my piping was 2.25"

Jet Black
06-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Ya my own dollar-store ruler came out to be exactly 2" (in fact it might be less than that because the current tip thats welded on doesn't cover the whole stock tip).

Either way if i got a 2 1/4" tip, would a shop be able to weld that 1/4" diffrence?

pinoyesv6
06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Ya my own dollar-store ruler came out to be exactly 2" (in fact it might be less than that because the current tip thats welded on doesn't cover the whole stock tip).

Either way if i got a 2 1/4" tip, would a shop be able to weld that 1/4" diffrence?

what are u guys measuring the inside or the outside?

the reason i say that is, back when i had my stock muffler. i bought a bosal exhaust tip and it had 2.25" inlet. now if my muffler's tip was a 2 inch pipe, then the tip would have slipped onto the old exhaust pipe. but instead it just lined up, same size.

but yea, its better for you to get a tip that slips over just slightly your old exhaust pipe. mine was the same size so tehy put in a sleeve and did a butt joint between the old exhaust pipe and the new tip. the sleeve was there jsut for rigidity.