PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Mufflers...one that looks good but quiet

chbuzz
06-06-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm wanting a nice chrome aftermarket muffler that sounds like the factory exhaust or at least close. Basicaly looks good but not loud. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

BlankMan
06-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Don'know why you posted the same thing twice - but check your other post for a reply.

J

chbuzz
06-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Don'know why you posted the same thing twice - but check your other post for a reply.

Jposted here first thought that the performance peeps might have some feedback vs. customizing section that might have more the "looks good" type of muffler users. I can delete if its a problem no biggie.

midwestgalant
07-09-2004, 09:53 AM
i've got this great idea, why pay out the ass for a muffler with a tip if you just want the tip?
you can buy tips and have them welded on its a lot cheeper too
i paid 50 bucks for mine but it was chrome plated stainless steel, 2 years and no rust on it not even on the parts that scraped over the years

Serstylz2
07-09-2004, 10:28 AM
I put a tip on mine, bolt-on, $20 at Autozone, deepens my exhaust noise at low rpm, looks pretty good to me.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/585000-585999/585371_32_full.jpg

there it is now minus the dirt.

rainfever
07-09-2004, 10:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm wanting a nice chrome aftermarket muffler that sounds like the factory exhaust or at least close. Basicaly looks good but not loud. Â*:)</div>

I dont know why chbuzz is doing for this. However i myself do want this. I want a performance muffler that sounds stock. I want more of a sleeper effect, people around here think that the louder your muffler is the more powerful the car is. So anyway im interested in this topic.

Silent exhaust, but able to output lots of power for an EVO VII or VIII engine with mods...

peanotation
07-09-2004, 12:32 PM
if you want a muffler that looks nice but sounds stock, just get a nice tip and hide the actual muffler so it doesn't look tipped. if you want one with performance, i think you'll have to get one that's loud.

galant00
07-09-2004, 12:52 PM
i heard remus mufflers are pretty good in sound not to loud. alot of members have magnafllow mufflers i hope they post how they sound..

chbuzz
07-09-2004, 01:09 PM
the reason I needed whole muffler is because I have a bodykit and now you can see the whole back part of the muffler so a tip wouldn't do me any good but look half-ass. If I had factory bump I def. use a tip. I think I decided on magnaflow street series w/ dual 3 1/2" or 4" tip to fill out the big opening in my rear cyber bump.

rainfever
07-09-2004, 01:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you want a muffler that looks nice but sounds stock, just get a nice tip and hide the actual muffler so it doesn't look tipped. if you want one with performance, i think you'll have to get one that's loud.</div>

I guess im gonna go loud than https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif