PDA

View Full Version : gauges quest, hoping for quick response....

95mitsu03
06-12-2004, 07:58 PM
just bought 6 color glo gauges for my galant, if I overlap the gauges, the needle is not completley "free" what do I do? what have you guys done?

pinoyesv6
06-12-2004, 08:10 PM
i've used really thin double stick tape to make sure my overlays are as close as they can be to the stock gauge faces. some people have glued theirs down. that works also.

that should be enough to give you clearance.

but if not, then take the needle and gently pull it straight outward on it. don't pull it out all they way. jsut enough to give it more clearance. also, pull straight or you could damage the part that turns the needle.

VegasMatt
06-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Would it be possible to sand down just a little bit of the needle also?

pinoyesv6
06-12-2004, 08:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Would it be possible to sand down just a little bit of the needle also?</div>

i guess you could take off a lil bit off the needle. but if you don't remove the needle, it can be a lil bit tricky.

95mitsu03
06-12-2004, 09:12 PM
what kind of glue would you suggest? epoxy?

pinoyesv6
06-12-2004, 09:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95mitsu03)</div><div class='quotemain'>what kind of glue would you suggest? epoxy?</div>

something like superglue. nothing thick. you want something that can dry really really thin or again, you'll have the rubbing problem

ArtyG
06-13-2004, 03:45 AM
i used super glue for my gauges. no problem. i guess only problem i could foresee is getting rid of them, but who would want to do that!?

whitelightning
06-13-2004, 08:17 PM
i used 3m double sided tape on mine, worked perfectly

sethmo
06-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Only problem with super glue is that when you go to take them off your stock gauges will look like crap and it will peel off a little bit of the aftermarket gauges backing. it doesnt affect the gauges at all though.

I would try to use a glue gun with those clear glue sticks. It wouldnt ruin either gauges. Either that or double sided sticky tape...

jluv97
06-14-2004, 10:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(agrsv7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>...i guess only problem i could foresee is getting rid of them, but who would want to do that!?</div>
I did, but then again I change my interior more than most people change their oil.

Mazarin
06-14-2004, 12:41 PM
I didn't use glue of any kind, and I've been solid for about 3 years.

The spot where the rest needle(@ the 0 RPM/MPH mark) on the stock ones, I just made the hole a little bigger, so once you mount it on the indiglos, the back of the needle sits flush.

Also, my little trick to stop glare is to do several LIGHT coats of matte finish on the guages. It make a HUGE difference.

brandon
06-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Mine went on w/o any modifying. The only issue I have is my tach gets stuck occasionally. It gets unstuck as soon as you give it enough gas or let off quick enough.

Dark7GHawk
06-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Anyone know what to do if my 7G Gas guage needle got removed, and now that I placed it back on in the exact position it should be, it won't move. Thankfully the trip odometer works, so I just get gas before it reaches 300 miles, but I would like to have my guage working again.

brandon
06-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Anyone know what to do if my 7G Gas guage needle got removed, and now that I placed it back on in the exact position it should be, it won't move. Thankfully the trip odometer works, so I just get gas before it reaches 300 miles, but I would like to have my guage working again.

Oh yeah that was the other thing, mine doesn't work properly anymore. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif A full tank reads at around 1/2 tank for me.

sethmo
06-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Dont take your needles off, you will regret it...

JiP
06-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Not unless you have a datalogger..

If you got a logger you can setup ur speedo and tach easily. Gas, if u were smart you would have filled up before doing this and then youll know exactly where to put the needle before you start to drive...and water temp guage is pretty useless anyway but after driving around 10-15 minutes just stick it so its in the center.

With car running set the speedo needle on 0 and u should be ok...tach well just put it in drive and hopefuly u know where u idle and stick her in..it may be a tad off, but if u dont have an safc or a logger your not too into readding tach anyway so who cares =P

jeagles51
06-16-2004, 08:33 AM
[quote=Dark7GHawk]Anyone know what to do if my 7G Gas guage needle got removed, and now that I placed it back on in the exact position it should be, it won't move. Thankfully the trip odometer works, so I just get gas before it reaches 300 miles, but I would like to have my guage working again.

Fill up your tank then take the needle off and put it in the right place..dont push down to hard.

Dark7GHawk
06-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Tried that a total of three times, every time I set it back on, it simply stays at full, I am now on my third try, and I am 80 miles into the tank, no movement on the needle.

jeagles51
06-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Tried that a total of three times, every time I set it back on, it simply stays at full, I am now on my third try, and I am 80 miles into the tank, no movement on the needle.

push it down hard one time to reset it and then pull up gently other than that i dont know man.....sorry