PDA

View Full Version : a/c

xSILENTx
06-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Today i swtiched on the ac and my idle dropped to just about zero. it never used to do that. any ideas

rfpa1
06-17-2004, 06:37 AM
I have the same problem, Im working on it. It seems related to the following items on the car:

1) EGR System

2) Engine Coolant Temp Sensor - this is the fat sensor on the thermostat housing.

3) TB - check for dirt and loose vacum hose.

4) There is a switch on top of the compressor, mine is loose and rusted.

The A/C on these cars play a part on the MFI, there could be a problem with the ECU. In my case Iam going to replace the ECU to check the system.

I will try to get the ECU in the car this saturday, but it will definitely be installed by next week.

manybrews
06-17-2004, 06:46 AM
clean your throttle bodies.

rfpa1
06-17-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi manybrews:

Long time.

Well, I have cleaned the whole intake assembly and I still have the same problem. For me it was working until about beggining of may when I started to have problems with the idle. I tried to get codes, but no luck. I even got the Mitsu book (2 volumes) for this car and no luck, my normall mechanic told me yesterday that he can not get any codes and Check engine light does not seem to be triggered by removing sensors.

icEbErg629
06-17-2004, 08:35 AM
check spark plug wires

4-G-rim
06-17-2004, 11:42 AM

Be careful cleaning the throttle body though...don't get too much cleaner into the throttle postion sensor...it will cause a flat spot or even damage it.

JiP
06-17-2004, 05:21 PM

Be careful cleaning the throttle body though...don't get too much cleaner into the throttle postion sensor...it will cause a flat spot or even damage it.

AHH no it wont!