PDA

View Full Version : EGR Valve?? and Idle Control Unit...

phizz2k
06-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Ok iam driving along like usual and i park my ride before class.. I come back and start it up and the rpm jumps to around 2000 or so and the check engine light comes on.... I go to autozone and get the code read... to find out its the ICU. AIght so I got a new one from the dealer and slap it on but the car started to idle rough... I leave it alone for a few weeks thinking it would clear up but it didn't so I started to adjust the screw on top of the throttle body (proably a bad idea) and it idle a little better. A few weeks later the check engine light comes on again and the codes are p1500 and p0400.... AutoZone says the p0400 is an egr vlave any suggestions pepoles???

JiP
06-16-2004, 03:04 PM
P1500 says Generator FR Terminal Circuit Flaw
P0400 EGR Flow Malfunction

First one Alternator trouble? EGR can raise your idle cause it opens a new flow of air in shitty air...but whatever..check the egr system maybe you blew a vacuum tube off or something..

phizz2k
06-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks alot JIP. I ordered the haynes manual from ebay a few days ago and when I get it in iam going to take care of it. Oh yea, I found a 91 eclipse 4g63 dohc and a 1g plymouth laser dohc at a nearby junkyard, I spoke with the manager and he's letting the head go for 150each, you think thats a good price seeing that i do all the work for a dohc conversion and will proably be able to get alot of little parts for little or nothing???

JiP
06-17-2004, 05:26 PM
I paid way to much for my head but this was back when no one was doing swaps and there were 1 or 2 every couple months on ebay. Now they are so many 1g and 2g dohc heads for sale its amazing how fast word spreads lol. Id say $150 is a decent price. I would try to get him to include the intake manifold and tb and then all you need are some electronics and the belts and your set =D

dudj
06-21-2004, 11:26 PM
i got same problem you got. my rpm went all the way to 3000 and stays there while my car is in idle mode. my check engine came out too. i brought it to the shop and they told me it's the o2 sensor. so, i replaced my o2 sensor and still nothing happen. i stole a throtle body for AT at the junk yard and i replaced mine. suddenly, my idle went back to normal.