PDA

View Full Version : SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

BigMike
06-21-2004, 07:00 AM
I was going to the card store and i put my car in reverse and that was normal, but then i accidently slipped it into 3rd and the car didn't move. It was like i was in neutral. So I tried all lower gears and the same response...nothing. So I put it back in D, and it's like I only have 1 gear, which is 4th, then I notice the "SRS" light is on. So I'm like wtf do the airbags have to do with the tranny? Then the SES light came on. Can someone try to tell me what the fuck is wrong with my G.

So right now, I'm debating whether to get another auto, (because I don't have money for a 5spd), or just gettin it checked out to see if it is something electrical

Danger DANJ
06-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Well, that really sucks. I'm not going to pretend like I even know what is wrong. It sounds pretty serious. Does the car drive smoothly or is it only in one gear all the time, never shifting? I don't know how far you can drive it, but if you were able to drive it up to White Plains sometime tomorrow between 8am and 4pm, I could hook up my OBDII code reader that I just bought and see what codes come up.

You might want to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so to reset the ECU and see if the lights go out and stay off, and if the car starts operating properly. If there is a real problem, the lights will come back on.

BigMike
06-21-2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks David, I'll try that out when I get to Queens today from work...I had to drive to Queens today. I'll tell you this, when I'm doing 70, it's at 4000 RPM's and when i got faster the revs go up...., then never go back down to like 3500

manybrews
06-21-2004, 04:25 PM
sounds to me like you blew a fuse.
check them ALL. including under the hood.

BluFalcon
06-22-2004, 02:48 AM
I had somethig similar happen to my 99 GTZ recently. Got a CEL and the tranny went into Failsafe Mode (which sounds like what you're describing). The dealership eventually traced the problem to a relay under the hood that was faulty. I wouldn't drive the car around too much with it in Failsafe Mode. It's only designed for real short distances and reduced speed to get you somewhere safe. Keep driving it like that, and it'll burn up the fluid.