PDA

View Full Version : I think the g-ride is dying.

aaron65
09-25-2002, 10:15 PM
The reason i think this a combonation of things. i started to worry when i was racing my friend and later he told me that he saw when i hit the gas because i shot some smoke outta my muffler. i then changed the oil and put some fuel injector cleaner in with a full tank of gas. Afer that i noticed my engine making a real wierd noise when i accelerate. This noise is kinda hard to explain is sort of a clanking noise and a high rpm's it turns to a clinging noise. thats the best words i could think of to describe it. This noise has become untollerable. It has me real worried :cry: I drive the car pretty hard so im not real suprised something could be wrong with it. The car is a 96 galant S.

Thx

Nick VR4
09-26-2002, 04:53 AM
take it to a good garage
could be various things
Most cars will shoot out some smoke from muffler if you hit the gas hard
espically if your town driving it builds up deposits
but that noise doesnt sound good

Kain
09-26-2002, 08:47 AM
Umm, if it's what I think it is, start looking for a new engine/new car. Your G may not be long for this world. if that crank bearing has slipped, it's only a matter of time before it siezes permantly.

aaron65
09-28-2002, 07:21 PM
200 whoa! i dont think its my cat i think its that little piece before the flex pipe and behind the header. I was thining of removing that little piece and just running off the header. HOW LOUD WOULD THAT BE HAHA!