PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm Security?

kamilw
06-30-2004, 03:01 AM
I was just wondering what kind of alarms/security are people running in their Gs. I was just in Europe and people have really cool stuff here, like ultrasound motion detectors, hidden immobiliser activators, kindap mode, kit that instead of/in addition to blasting a siren calls your cell phone or sends you an sms (text message).

Do people know of this kind of stuff in the US? How much does it cost and where can you get this? Would I have to go to a shop or could I install it myself?

Last year I had a window broken in my car and I was so pissed. But the alarms here in the US I've seen are all piece of crap. Any ideas?

SilverDragonGTZ
06-30-2004, 03:14 AM
well, i didnt spend the extra cash for it...but viper makes an alarm that has tilt sensors (which i have for if someone tries to jack up your car gently) motion detectors, speed sensors...(will call your cell phone if set if someone drives it over a set MPH) they can be programmed to call your cell, send a text, shut off the car...my alarm can even be armed while driving for "car-jacking" security lol