PDA

View Full Version : Need help with opinions and advice

Gilhuly
09-26-2002, 09:49 AM
My 99 ES V6 has almost 75 now. It is in great shape mechanically. Definitely get the timing belt and new plugs(labor cost or effort). Have them run the trani for codes and give you the printout. Use the poor resale on these to your advantage. Find out what the black book (wholesale) value is on the car from an insurance guy or a used car dealer. An 01 will have less wear & tear on it than a 99 theoretically. I was just thinking that I liked the deal I got on mine new,. I like the car now, I think these don't get the respect they deserve in the secondary market (probably due to cosmetic issues) and that it would make a great used car purchase. Line up your financing externally. Plenty of smaller banks are interested in doing these loans these days. Go in with financing in your pocket so they will compete for the financing.

Gilhuly
09-26-2002, 12:42 PM
Mr. Domu, where do u live, Waterbury?

jacuZZi
09-26-2002, 04:07 PM
Try and ask them about extended warranty that will cover everything if there's something wrong with the engine. Just FYI; I bought extended warranty for my car, so if anythings wrong with the engine basically i just have to bring it in to dealrship and have em check it out whats wrong with it and if anything needs to be change i just have to pay the deductible which is $50. ( brake pads and rotors are not included ) :wink: