PDA

View Full Version : CAI performance

toc8g
09-26-2002, 03:35 AM
Maybe it's because i have an I4, low end seems more sluggish but it pulls harder on the top end between 3500 to 5500. And I love the way it sounds.

Try tightening your Throttle body Cable.

ChromeGalant
09-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Well... I HAVE a CAI and I also voted little or no difference.. The 4cly Galant is slow.. with the CAI or without.. slow.. the CAI sounds sweet as hell though..

See CAI.. :shock:

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/198000-198999/198253_79_full.jpg

Auto-9
09-26-2002, 07:54 PM
So YOU'RE the one on Vision Import's customer website...yeah I got you figured out now Chromey! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

ChromeGalant
09-26-2002, 08:25 PM
LOL

8) Thats me..

You got me..

toc8g
09-26-2002, 09:02 PM
Remember if you have a Cali spec so its like starting from -5 and shit so its gonna bring you back to ZERO until you get the header changed out and I know for a fact it does make a big difference because I changed my exhaust and added my cai and it did make a big difference because when I was stock(I am also Cali) I lost to my friends stock fed spec by a car and a half and now with cai and exhaust we are in a dead heat,...so I dunno what kinda driving your doing!!??? But I know for a fact it does make a big difference,.if your expecting to gain 10-15hp,..then I guess you could say it makes liitle or no difference but if your expecting 5-8 hp then you will see that depending on where you live and the climate. When you buy something and have real expectations you will be satisfied but those people who think they are gonna get 10-15hp from a cai are sadly mistaken!
When you expect to much you will almost always be let down. I mean if you really wanna still say their is little or know difference RRE dyno'd the Injen and AEM cold intake at a 9hp gain to the wheel and SCC did a dyno on a AEM CAI and got a 7hp gain,...so ,...tell me their is no big difference??? I don't think so,..if the did a dyno and said their was only a 3 hp or 2 hp gain,..yeah,..you would feel little or no difference but ...thats not the case.

Oh yeah I also forgot that I used to have a 2000 Fed spec and it also made a BIG difference their as well,...I have been using CAI's and moding the 8G for over 2.5 years so its not like I just bought a 2002 threw a cai on and now I automaticley know what I am talking about its because I do know! :wink:

pinoyesv6
09-26-2002, 09:37 PM
i dunno. i mean i did the flip airbox mod @ first and then dropped in the k&n filter and my butt dyno felt a difference. i know others have too and u know what...they'd be pissed if they spent 2-4 hundred dollars and not feel a difference...maybe its just different people's opinion on difference

ChromeGalant
09-27-2002, 06:42 AM
I have been using CAI's and moding the 8G for over 2.5 years so its not like I just bought a 2002 threw a cai on and now I automaticley know what I am talking about its because I do know!
Oh yeah and as far as the 8G I-4 being slow well I guess you better tell all those V6 vehicles I took down that I am sloooowww,....like I said I don't know how you drive,..

Well.. in my opinion 8G Galants are SLOW.. I did not buy my car to be fast.. if I wanted to be fast I would have kept my Eclipse GST.. and I just bought a 2002, <span style='color:red'>yes</span>, but I also had a 99 Galant for a year when the 8G first came out (it was slow so I got the eclipse) and a 98 Galant (which was slow as well.. traded that in for a Montero Sport).. now I am comfortable with being slow... my CAI was bought for show.. 8) I didnt really expect anything.. but I do like the sound..

Mante
09-27-2002, 06:57 AM
I4's slow, I beg to differ...To make matters worse Im in MD....how the hell did I end up with a cali spec 8g https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif Honestly I dont see it as a downside yea I got two cats and two resonators...until noon today lol But the CAI was a nice addon, when I got the 8g it was the only aftermarket part out there. Seriously if you dont think the CAI does wonders on your car its something wrong, you may be driving around in "2" and not know it.

To change the pace alittle, now that I have ram air can truely say...go with the ram air...low end sucks...but 80+ feels like another car!

Messiah
09-27-2002, 05:55 PM
Maybe it's because i have an I4, low end seems more sluggish but it pulls harder on the top end between 3500 to 5500. And I love the way it sounds.

Try tightening your Throttle body Cable.

I think you miss understood me, before I got my CAI, I had always thought that low-end torque in my car was pretty wimpy. I'm not complaining about throttle response. To me, it's just fine. It seems that my low-end torque got wimpy-EERR, but top-end got alot better...it seems to pull alot harder https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif And it feels like it got even better when I cut the fog light grill to let more air flowing through. I got to give you credit for that one.