PDA

View Full Version : MAS adapter confusion

Serstylz2
07-06-2004, 01:42 PM
OK I posted this in another thread too but I need the answer quicker, I just bought a MAS adapter. The description says:

-Designed to fit all Mitsubishi's with the computerized Mas Airflow Meter located between the Stock Air Filter Box, and the Rubber Intake Inlet Tube

-Very simple and effective design, just a 4 bolt removal of the Stock Air Box, then install the adapter directly onto the Airflow Meter

-Will adapt to fit all HIGH FLOW FILTERS with a 4.5" ID inlet

-EASY INSTALLATION, please contact us for any detailed questions you may have for installing this item.

My point of concern is the part that says "Will adapt to fit all HIGH FLOW FILTERS with a 4.5" ID inlet. Does this mean I have to look for a cone intake w. a 4.5" inlet or that the MAS will adjust UP TO 4.5" and I could buy, say a 3" inlet cone intake that I see EVERYWHERE?? I havent seen any 4.5 intakes yet. Help please.. thanks. Sorry if this is searchable, I been in and out the house.

pinoyesv6
07-06-2004, 01:44 PM
you gotta get a cone with a 4.5" opening. anythign bigger won't fit. anything smaller won't fit. luckily, k&n makes alot of cone filters with that opening. so does injen, and a few other companies too.

HeadAche
07-06-2004, 05:41 PM
I found an original HKS 4.5" megafoam filter on ebay for like $60 best money i spent in a while.