View Full Version : Best kind of body filler to use?

Mindless
07-08-2004, 07:51 PM
I need to fill in some minor dings. What's the best kind of body filler to use? Someone told me a fiberglass based filler, but I've also been told to use a "putty". What's best to use?

pinoyesv6
07-08-2004, 08:11 PM
on what kinda surface are the dings on? the urethane parts? the metal parts?

Mindless
07-08-2004, 08:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>on what kinda surface are the dings on? the urethane parts? the metal parts?</div>

Metal.....fenders to be exact.

RedGalant2k1
07-08-2004, 08:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>on what kinda surface are the dings on? the urethane parts? the metal parts?</div>

Metal.....fenders to be exact.</div>

Use a dent puller. Any autoparts store should have one that is a powerful dent-puller that utilizes a strong suction cup to pull dents out. Other than that if the dents are fairly big, remove the fender and use a rubber mallet and pound the dents out.

Mindless
07-08-2004, 08:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>on what kinda surface are the dings on? the urethane parts? the metal parts?</div>

Metal.....fenders to be exact.</div>

Use a dent puller. Any autoparts store should have one that is a powerful dent-puller that utilizes a strong suction cup to pull dents out. Other than that if the dents are fairly big, remove the fender and use a rubber mallet and pound the dents out.</div>

Oh, I am going to remove them and bang them out. But I know they aren't going to be perfect so I wanted to use something to get it nice and smooth.

brandon
07-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Any of them should work to suite your needs... so long as you get the right mixture and properly sand it after it dries, you'll be good to go.

I'd say go with Bondo cuz it's cheapest. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

krazienluv10
07-09-2004, 06:33 PM
yea bondo works pretty good... i had a hard time mixing fiberglass... i just couldnt get it down ... always had craters in the end... :x