PDA

View Full Version : motor mounts

sean
07-12-2004, 06:20 PM
I have a 99 4 cyl and need to replace my motor mounts. Where can I order some from? And if it's from a dodge or eclispe, what exactly am I asking for? Please help...

Auto-9
07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
I usually get my stuff online, since it's cheaper than the dealership in person. If you go to Parts.com and click on Mitsubishi, you'll see a list of merchants. I recommend Conicelli, they're really great people, have good prices, and are pretty quick on shipping. Use the online catalogue and you should be able to find the mounts. I think it was by clicking on "engine and transaxle" then mounts...it's not hard to find.

Mante
07-12-2004, 11:12 PM
check the parts list for the 8g..the only real choice is deyemracing.com... ask for travis

Cali
07-13-2004, 12:25 AM
after market or OEM? i have solid ones in my car....

sean
07-13-2004, 11:14 AM
how do I get the solid ones?

Danger DANJ
07-13-2004, 12:16 PM
how do I get the solid ones?

Check out Energy Suspension. They have polyurethane motor mounts for the 3G Eclipse.

DryBear
07-13-2004, 12:58 PM
How hard is it to install motor mounts? Can I do it in my garage with basic tools, or do I have to take it to a garage?

Messiah
07-13-2004, 06:03 PM
How hard is it to install motor mounts? Can I do it in my garage with basic tools, or do I have to take it to a garage?

THe front one isn't hard at all, but the rear is a little harder to get too....Can you do it in your garage with basic tools...yes

Cali
07-13-2004, 07:07 PM
you could go with justt the inserts...or you can get the fully replaced solid motors mounts from deyeme racing.

DeyemeRacing
08-03-2004, 08:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cali)</div><div class='quotemain'>you could go with justt the inserts...or you can get the fully replaced solid motors mounts from deyeme racing.</div>

Thanks for the props!

I had no idea there was such interest in our mounts by Galant owners. I'll see about setting up a seperate parts listing for you guys & gals. In the meantime, the stuff we make for the Avenger/Sebring fits same year Galant, and the parts we make for the '01-up Stratus Coupe also fit the same year Galant.
We have a complete online ordering system, and when you order, you also punch in your year/make/model, engine/trans., etc., so I'll be sure to get the correct parts to you.
We've been making mounts for years for the Neons, and they're the best around. Since they're complete parts, not press-in inserts, installation is typically pretty easy. We also make replacements for the side mounts, even those nasty "hydromounts" that leak all the oil out into your engine bay. We gut the mounts (and drain the oil in the hydromounts), leaving enough OEM rubber in place to hold the thru-bolt insert, then lay the mount into a mold, where it is then filled solid with our reinforced polyurethane rubber.

If anyone has questions, PM me. I'm now registered on this board.

Thanks!

Radnoken
08-03-2004, 08:59 AM
I love seeing manufactures get active on the boards.

seth98esT
08-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Can you guys make em for the 7g? I need new inserts!

DeyemeRacing
08-03-2004, 09:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can you guys make em for the 7g? Â*I need new inserts!</div>

We don't make inserts, but complete mounts.
Order the Stratus Coupe mounts, and on our online order form, put the correct info for your vehicle, including engine and transaxle. I'll be sure to order them SPECIFICALLY for your application. If they're different than the regular Stratus Coupe mounts, I'll add them to the website as seperate parts.

Did you know our mounts are also available in your choice of color for the polyurethane center?

Radnoken
08-03-2004, 10:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Did you know our mounts are also available in your choice of color for the polyurethane center?</div>

Nice, more choices. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Can you post up some pictures of your products too?

VIO
08-03-2004, 11:48 AM
do you see a big improvement after changing over to solid mounts? does it make the ride "rougher"?

DeyemeRacing
08-03-2004, 01:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'>do you see a big improvement after changing over to solid mounts? Â*does it make the ride "rougher"?</div>

That's why we have two options for the side mounts- firm, and flex.
The front and rear mounts don't actually support the weight of the drivetrain at rest (that's why they're technically called "roll stoppers" and not "mounts"), so they don't transmit as much vibration if they're firmer. The side mounts, however, do support the weight of the drivetrain, so the firmer they are, the more vibration you'll feel. On our '02 Stratus Coupe (v6, 5spd), I have FIRM front and rear, and FLEX sides. Unless you know what you're feeling for, you don't even know the mounts are there, unless you're at idle with the A/C on. Once you launch, though, the difference is amazing. No hop, just tire spin.

Mante
08-04-2004, 11:42 AM
You for got to mention the "Mntfil" option where you can order it online for only 25 a piece then send it to them to have filled.. I have my remainding 3 mounts on the way to you guys so be on the lookout.

As for the quality I have had the front mount installed in my Us I4 for almost 2 years, now its doing pretty well in the Vr4...All in all it works

Fishboy55
08-04-2004, 07:41 PM
I swear by Deyeme roll stops and have been recommending them since I got them 2 years ago. I started with the Energy inserts, but found I needed a press after I had to burn out the old mount. I found Travis, bought the front and real solid stops and noticed an immediate improvement. I'l looking at replacing the side mounts very soon.