PDA

View Full Version : Convert ES V6 to GTZ

keithert
07-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I have an ES V6 with the factory 16 inch wheels. What suspension parts does the GTZ have that I do not? Also do the parts bolt on or is anything substantially different between the GTZ and my car. Does the GTZ actually handle a lot better than an ES?

sd2775906
07-14-2004, 02:11 PM
I thought I read from someone (Pinoy I think) that the GTZ has the Eclipse suspension setup.

SilverDragonGTZ
07-14-2004, 02:42 PM
i have a GTZ...dont bother puttin a GTZ's suspension setup on an ES...probably be just as cheap if not cheaper to get good springs (progess or eibach) and some kyb agx shocks/struts....make your car 20 times better than a stock GTZ

Reelax
07-14-2004, 03:38 PM
the GTZ has a thinner front sway bar and a thicker rear sway bar. it also has shorter springs w/ a higher spring rate (0.25" drop). the ES V6 premium wheels are the same ones the GTZ's have. factory parts are expensive. you would b much better off if you got the ST rear sway bar for the eclipse GT (don't change your front one), get lowering springs and shocks (KYB AGX for eclipse GT), and upgrade your wheels / tires to 17"-18". the actual differenc between an ES V6 and a GTZ are minimal, especially if your are going to tune the car since all the differences would b replaced anyways.

2000GTZ
07-15-2004, 08:08 PM
yup. dont bother converting to GTZ suspension. its actually not that great. i wish i had a nice set of springs and shocks. then again, im past 30k miles, so maybe my shocks are dying already. go for the real springs. GTZ suspension is still very comfort oriented.

Auto-9
07-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Having gone from a regular ES V6 to a GTZ setup they're pretty on par with the comments. However, being one of the few to experience the difference I can tell you that after using GTZ components you'll likely compare your old ride to a S class Benz or LS Lexus. It's really almost that big.

TWISTED II
07-24-2004, 11:49 PM
yup, gotta agree with everyone else. don't waste your money. i had a GTZ, and after deciding to mod it, i wish i woulda gotten the ES V6 instead. for under a grand you can get a full suspension setup, and i doubt you'll be able to get all GTZ parts for that cheap.