PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the front?

LasVegas01
07-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Is it a good idea and/or possible to just lower the front? The back seems to sit right already.

Are wheel spacers bad news?

pinoyesv6
07-14-2004, 06:07 PM
the spring kits are made to work as a set of four. using just a pair would cause an unbalance. it mean its possibly to do but the handling could be affected.

as for wheel spacers, if you find a really good set, then you would be good to go. bad thing is, really really good sets are hard to find. and yea, your wheels, the spacers might caust problems with the wheels and they could rub on the fender when you drop your car.

LasVegas01
07-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks a lot bro. Everyone goes with Progress springs right? I don't want that real bouncy feel...

I have 18x7.5 (225/40/18) wheels right now. Anticipate any problems?

pinoyesv6
07-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks a lot bro. Everyone goes with Progress springs right? I don't want that real bouncy feel...

alot of people go with progress, but there are other options out there like tein, eibach, h&r and many more. run a search and see what others say and find the set best for you. as for the bouncy feel, i recommend a set of kyb shocks to compliment those springs

as for the wheels, things are looking good so far. not 100% sure since i don't know the offset. so yea. you might also need a camber kit.

LasVegas01
07-14-2004, 07:42 PM

alot of people go with progress, but there are other options out there like tein, eibach, h&r and many more. run a search and see what others say and find the set best for you. as for the bouncy feel, i recommend a set of kyb shocks to compliment those springs

as for the wheels, things are looking good so far. not 100% sure since i don't know the offset. so yea. you might also need a camber kit.

Do you have to get a camber kit when dropping the car? Why/Why not?

pinoyesv6
07-14-2004, 07:51 PM

Do you have to get a camber kit when dropping the car? Why/Why not?

you won't know for sure if you'll need a camber kit til after you drop the car. the rule of thumb is, the lower you drop your car, the more likely you'll need one.

when you lower the car, the camber tends to change. now if the camber changes too much, it will be out of spec. and then you'll need a camber kit to correct it. but if it stays within spec, then you won't need one.