PDA

View Full Version : What a wonderful surprise!

o0 XeRO G 0o
09-26-2002, 03:46 PM
Well to day when I got home from school, I foun my Galant to be sitting in the driveway with a tarp over it. So I look inside and the whole rear window is busted in. When I ask my dad about it, he said that around 11 in the morning the coal company was blasting dynamite about 2 blocks away and one of the blasts shook the house violently. Apparently when he went to get in the car later on, the rear window was smashed. The only thing we can figure out is the blast must've done it. There no branches or nething around, and nobody lives on our street except old ppl...... And of course the coal company wont do anything about it cuz we have no proof that it was because of them... grr... I hate when stuff happens :evil:

pinoyesv6
09-26-2002, 03:49 PM
damn thats hurt...

brandon
09-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Shitty... sorry to hear about that.

Do you have coverage under your insurance for glass?

2True
09-26-2002, 03:51 PM
That is WEAK :nope:

o0 XeRO G 0o
09-26-2002, 04:06 PM
well it like this we get a 250 bucks deductable. so it'll only cost us about 150 bucks, and thats alot better than the regular 600 bucks to get it replaced. i cant wait to get it fixed, i think it'll be tomorrow. but that 150 bucks was goin towards the body kit i need... grr... (again):evil:

Kain
09-26-2002, 04:31 PM
Yeah, we had a similar happening with our minivan about a year ago. I came home from school, parked next to it and it was all good. I went in the house to change clothes I came back out to do some running, and there was a huge pile of glass on the ground. One of the side windows had just exploded. It ended up costing us like $80 to get it replaced, and the replacement glass didn't even look right. (clear instead of tinted, and it came off a newer model that had a slightly diffrent shape window. But it was the only one avaliable) It's just one of those unfortunate things. But, on the bright side you had insurance so you didn't have to pay it all out of pocket.

bstnsportsfan
09-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Man sorry to hear about your window! Something like that happened to me last week, but it was a frigan crobar rather than an accident. And my insurance company basically f*cked me over. I have a $500 and of coarse the window and the damage about 200+/-. So looks like its out of my pocket. Its the rear passenger vent window. :monkeypiss: insurance companies!

Gen7es
10-04-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey X7eyeHATEyou7X,
I feel for you man! I just put up a post asking if anyone knows how hard it is to replace a window by yourself (see: 7G Car problems/Window help, not MS Windows) Like Bstnsprtsfan, I had an idiot break out both, front and rear driver side windows and when they replaced the front one, it seems like the auto up and down seems slower plus, I just lowered my insurance coverage and it don't include glass! (I'm going back to bumper to bumper coverage!)

Just thought I'd share.

p.s. What part of Ohio are you in?, I'm in Cincinnati
Holla' Back!

o0 XeRO G 0o
10-05-2002, 09:15 AM
hey man, I'm in the eastern part in jefferson county by the ohio river. Its just an old hick town called Rayland.

Just thought I'd put up an update... It took 3 days before they could replace the window because it was pouring. It rained the next 2 days and finally when it stopped they got out here to do it. Well, due to the rain, my seats got wet and it smells horrid in there.. We've used so much febreeze and everything, yet theres still smell. At least I have a window tho....

seth98esT
10-05-2002, 04:28 PM
that sucks dude...leave your doors/windows open to get rid of the stink...try vacuuming it out and use some of that smelly cleaner stuff