PDA

View Full Version : Header problem

56chop
07-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Im looking for a header for my 99 G 2.4 ripp looks nice but neverhad heard of them before in my life some of you guys say they are good others bad, i want hp gain next question will all 2000 and up eclipse headers fit an 8g if that the case then y not go with a dc header or someone along the lines of have a product that is backed by many people.
if anyone knows where i can any of this stuff let me know

cam
cam gear
vavle springs(bigger than stock)
vavle(bigger than stock)
underdrive pullies
cat back( with no mod needed)
and a cylinder head for my car( cheap )

check out my car gunna post new pics today
http://www.cardomain.com/id/headcase99 ('http://www.cardomain.com/id/headcase99')
ps the don if you read this your car is awsome

BlankMan
07-23-2004, 10:39 AM
RIPP header bad? Where did you read that? You're going to get more use and a better gain by using the header with their SDS - or any header with any FI, for that matter - but never read or heard anyone say they were bad...

J

56chop
07-23-2004, 11:22 AM
i was reading it in one of the forums some guy was just bashing it i cant remeber where i saw it but dont get me wrong everyone else was saying they are good by the way what is sds

Zero_4073
07-23-2004, 02:33 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the RIPP header. I have the Kamikaze and it's alright. I need the rest of my exhaust, though.

BlankMan
07-23-2004, 02:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(56chop)</div><div class='quotemain'>by the way what is sds</div>

SDS= Supercharger Drive System.

What I got :wink:

J

Mitsiman
07-29-2004, 05:18 AM
Don't forget there is also the RPW Race 4-1 tuned length header available as well.

check out www.rpw.com.au

Serstylz2
07-29-2004, 10:30 AM
How about the OBX header? I'm not a big speed guy, I just need to replace my rusty POS header that's in there now.

BlankMan
07-29-2004, 10:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>How about the OBX header? I'm not a big speed guy, I just need to replace my rusty POS header that's in there now.</div>

All I can say is, go with OBX and you'll end up with the same thing.

Mainstream choices for the I4 are really the RPW and RIPP headers.

J

Serstylz2
07-29-2004, 08:01 PM
What if I use hi temp clear coat on the header before installation? Because there's no way I'm spending 600 dollars on a performance part, I'm jus not into speed like that. Will the clear coat prevent rusting?

Mante
08-01-2004, 08:33 PM
check your PM's

Xska55
08-01-2004, 09:04 PM
hi temp clear coat will never last, you would have to have them ceramic coated thats what i did with my headers it cost me $150 and even gonna go the extra mile and get some header wrap for em

pinoyesv6
08-01-2004, 09:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xska55)</div><div class='quotemain'>hi temp clear coat will never last, you would have to have them ceramic coated thats what i did with my headers it cost me $150 and even gonna go the extra mile and get some header wrap for em</div>

just curious why are you gonna wrap the headers? i mean i know about the gains that you could get from wrapping the headers but is it really worth covering your nice ceramic covered headers with some ugly looking wrap that will give you a lil gain and will reduce the life of your headers??

Xska55
08-01-2004, 09:22 PM
well im not into pretty headers im trying to contain the heat thats why i had them ceramic coated in the first place

Fishboy55
08-02-2004, 07:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xska55)</div><div class='quotemain'>well im not into pretty headers Â*im trying to contain the heat thats why i had them ceramic coated in the first place</div>
Bryant, I recommend the DEI wrap. Get the kit that includes the SS tie wraps and the spray on protectant. The stuff is awesome and really cuts the heat in the engine bay. As long as you apply the wrap carefully and correctly, you won't have any problems. Only reason I removed mine is that it voids the warranty oon RPW headers. Check with Ross on that.

Hey you coming down on the 21st? 8)

Xska55
08-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the info Chip and yea im coming down for the 20th for the whole weekend or maybe longer

08-05-2004, 02:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xska55)</div><div class='quotemain'>well im not into pretty headers Â*im trying to contain the heat thats why i had them ceramic coated in the first place</div>
Bryant, I recommend the DEI wrap. Get the kit that includes the SS tie wraps and the spray on protectant. The stuff is awesome and really cuts the heat in the engine bay. As long as you apply the wrap carefully and correctly, you won't have any problems. Only reason I removed mine is that it voids the warranty oon RPW headers. Check with Ross on that.

Hey you coming down on the 21st? 8)</div>
I wouldn't bother with header heat wrap, especially if you go with a DC sports ceramic coated, or any other ceramic coated (to a lesser degree). The ceramic coating will be just fine for keeping the gases moving.