PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Smokin
09-26-2002, 07:12 PM
Hey guys im new to this stuff my questions maybe stupid to some of you but i dont know. I have a 99 vs gtz.

1. i have 2.25 catback piping with some muffler I dont even know. But does a muffler give you more horse power if so what kind is the best kind to get.

2.Where can I get those corner lights from i tried tuturial but it said cannot find.

3. i have like a budget of 300$ dollars to spend on a intake system whats the best kind to get.

I have 18" inch rims, i had it lowered.thats about it. What should i do give me some suggestions.
Thanx.

pinoyesv6
09-26-2002, 07:22 PM
a simple use of the search tool will help find the answer to all your questions. since i am in a good mood today i guess i can answer it. be warned, im rarely in a good mood.

1. i have 2.25 catback piping with some muffler I dont even know. But does a muffler give you more horse power if so what kind is the best kind to get.

a muffler gives u some horsepower. like maybe a horsepower or two from the stock muffler because of the restrictiveness of the muffler. many of the aftermarket type mufflers are less restrictive and weigh less than the oem. as for what is the best, there isn't one. there are many styles out there, shapes, size and ov course loudness, you as the owner and consumer must choose a muffler thats best for u.

2.Where can I get those corner lights from i tried tuturial but it said cannot find.

im guessing you are talking about clear corners. many of the tutorials can be found @ thegalantcenter.com uhm I also have my own share of tutorials and they can be found @ my galant page of my own personal website @ pinoyesv6.tripod.com

3. i have like a budget of 300$ dollars to spend on a intake system whats the best kind to get.

my suggestion to you is the aem cai. you can easily find it at many online peformance parts dealerships. it is made for the 2000 mitsubishi eclipse GT. uhm for more added protection, i would suggest the AEM bypass valve if you are afraid of drinking water. the cheapest place i've seen it so far is @ adventon.com

I have 18" inch rims, i had it lowered.thats about it. What should i do give me some suggestions.

i've covered your intake and exhaust. uhm how about a strut tower brace or some shocks and struts, even a brake upgrade. but yea that decision is yours. my advice is to find whatever that weak spot of your car is and get that replaced, whatever u think that spot is. remember, ur car is as strong as its weakest link

Smokin
09-26-2002, 07:42 PM
oh yea i forgot about the gauge where can i get after market ones.

pinoyesv6
09-26-2002, 08:24 PM
oh yea i forgot about the gauge where can i get after market ones.
best place to get them...ebay. procarparts.com and speedhut.com have indiglow too