PDA

View Full Version : Possible Problem with Remote Start after oil change!

KNJGalant2002
07-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Hello,

I possibly could have a big problem. I had my oil changed at Jiffy Lube the other day. Everything seemed fine for a day then I am driving on a highway and my locks click. So I figured weird but okay and continue driving then all of a sudden my SRS light, check engine light come on, door locks go off and on, and kind of hard to explain but the car jolts really bad and the RPMs go crazy. It kind of seems as the car just shuts off and then back on again. I can go thirty minutes driving without it doing anything. The reason why I believe it is the remote start is cause I figured let me check the remote start and it the headlights blink 4 times but doesn't start. If Jiffy Lube ripped out a remote start wire would it cause the car to act like this? I brought it to the alarm shop but I would like to get the Galant center's opinions before? They said it may take until Monday. Hopefully it's nothing expensive. The guy at the alarm shop said he has never heard of anything like that but will check into it.

Thanks,
Kristy

midwestgalant
07-24-2004, 02:27 PM
change your own damn oil quit being lazy
those places could care less about your car
my ex took our 2000 sentra to walmart and they didnt even tighten the oil pan plug

i bitched her out i told her not to take it anywhere

i hope it doesnt cost alot to fix though its prolly going to cost more than it would have if you would have changed it yourself

smsphoto4
07-24-2004, 02:41 PM
That sorta happened to me once. I was at the drive thrugh with the car running and the the starter all of a sudden kicked in like the car was trying to start. I took mine back to the alarm place and they told me my galant ate the brain and they had to put in a new one. Everything has been fine since.

KNJGalant2002
07-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Actually it's not that I am being lazy unfortunately I just don't know how to do it and neither does my fiancé so I never wanted to mess anything up with an oil change. I spoke to the alarm shop and so far everything looks fine with the alarm. They are going to bypass the remote start and see if that resolves the problem. They said it possible could be the ignition itself. It's weird though because the car is not even two years old so I don't see why that would go so soon. It probably would be under warrantee but I am sure Mitsubishi will try to get out of it once they see the rev indigo gauges and say that caused the ignition to go. Everything else works on the alarm and the shop said they never heard of anything like that happening on a car due to the alarm. Hopefully it's something cheap to fix. But I guess I will take a book and due do my own oil after this. I probably can't mess it up anymore then Jiffy Lube did.

pinoyesv6
07-24-2004, 08:28 PM
to me, it doesn't look like its the oil changes fault. unless the guys at jiffy lube were playing under your dash. to me it looks like possibly one of the wires from the alarm broke off or something. especially since many alarm shops just use tap in conectors and stuff for the alarm install.

atish25
08-26-2004, 04:43 PM
it could be the tach sensor which shows the remote start the rpms it needs to start or a hood pin switch which automatically turns the remote start off when activated. my theory is it was working before they touched it so tell them to make it work again or give you a check to get it fixed.

atish25