PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY Problem!!!

Livn2sk8
07-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Ok. so about 2-3 months ago, the line that feeds directly into the slave cylinder on my clutch, got a crack, and was leaking. I went to the dealer, got a new line for $20 bucks, slapped it on, and all was well. About a month or so later, my tranny went out(not related to the first problem), BUT, it's only been about a month or so, since they installed that tranny, and just now, yes..like 5 minutes ago, that same line that I replaced, got another crack, in the exact same location. Right where it meets that fitting, and then connects to the slave cylinder. It's definitely the same spot, on the Line(hose) whatever you want to call it. Is there anyone out there that has had this problem? or anyone know what would be causing this to happen to me?

I need my car ASAP, YA KNOW!!!

Thanks in Advance!!!

peanotation
07-26-2004, 05:49 PM
are you using hose clamps to secure the line? it is under pressure, not alot, but still. that's just a stab in the dark though, i have no idea really.

Livn2sk8
07-26-2004, 05:51 PM
No, it's a metal LINE, not a hose, so no hose clamps. Good thought though. It's more of a metal fitting that slides up and down the line, and then connects into the other end, which is permanently attached to the slave cylinder.

Livn2sk8
07-26-2004, 05:57 PM
I guess the mechanic I just talked to, said it might have to do with having a really bad tranny mount. Which I know mine are bad, so, I guess that is probably my problem, too much movement on that solid line. Thanks for your help though, guess I need some new mounts.

peanotation
07-26-2004, 06:01 PM
damn vida is hot

JiP
07-26-2004, 08:58 PM
bla.. replace or fill the mount..or take the metal line and cut out the area where it keeps cracking and slip on a piece of fuel hose wich will give it the flexability it needs not to crack and still hold the pressure in the lines to operate the clutch properly.

Livn2sk8
07-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Well, I just got the new line to replace it with, and I just bought all new mounts..yep, all 4!!! I'm kind of excited (I need a life), because I knew I needed mounts, and i'm wondering how much of a difference this will make with some of the vibrations in my car. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif