PDA

View Full Version : Need a little advice.

Skillz911
07-26-2004, 09:41 PM
I am goin to be doing a performance upgrade on the G, I don't know wether I should do the CAI first or Muffler. As far as the muffler goes how do I know what size/dimensions fits? I also been deciding between magnaflow and flowmaster 60 series. Any recommendations?

Zero_4073
07-27-2004, 05:47 AM
It's up to you if you want to do the CAI or muffler first. Either will sound cool. I've heard good things about Magnaflow's products.

BlankMan
07-27-2004, 06:49 AM
Personally, I'd do the cai first.

J

DryBear
07-27-2004, 11:25 AM
I concur, CAI first. I'm happy with my Magnaflow - nice low and smooth, not too loud.

pinoyesv6
07-27-2004, 02:40 PM
i'd go with the intake first. thats what i did.

as for muffler, well i too live in maryland. and i *might* throw my jdm muffler into my pile of extra parts for a flowmaster. reason being, va cops are really anal about my muffler, so i'll just play exhaust tag. im really looking into that flowmaster. but i still gotta go to the exhaust shop to see what the guys think about it.

but yea, go with intake first. choices for an intake are far less than choices for a muffler/exhaust

SilverDragonGTZ
07-27-2004, 03:43 PM
do your intake first...but when you do choose a muffler....PLEASE don't buy an ebay 30 dollar knock off of a muffler brand like apexi, tanabe, or hks...because it will sound like uncle ben's straight outta the rice box...i spent the 150 dollars for an actual Tenzo-R venturi muffler, and had 2.5" pipe put in...cat-back and i don't regret it at all, its mellow but sounds good...

Skillz911
07-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Sounds good guys...looks like I will go with the CAI first..thanks for your info!