PDA

View Full Version : HELP INTAKE AND WATER GO FIG

bacchus
09-26-2002, 09:26 PM
I JUST FUCKED UP M ENGINE TONIGHT..... NEED HELP BAD.... I HAVE A HOME MADE COLD AIR INTAKE. IT IS SO LOW THAT U CAN C THE FILTER FROM OUT SIND THE CAR RIGHT BEHIND THE FOG LIGHT....... AND NO BUY PASS VAL. :shock: IT WAS RAINING ALL DAY AND I HAD TO RESPOND TO A BOOTY CALL (THANKS TO THE 17'IN POLOS) DRIVE FOR LIKE 3 HOURS AND ALL THAT WATER GOT IN TO MY ENGINE. MY SHIT CUT OFF IN MID DRIVE...... :shock: :shock: NOW MY CAR WILL NOT MOVE SOON AS I HIT THE GAS IT CUTS OFF AGAIN. I NEED HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO...... MY BOY SAYS THAT I NEED TO CHANGE THE OIL CAUSE THE WATER MIXED WITH THE OIL.

burthold
09-26-2002, 09:37 PM
You need to get it towed to a mechanic its more than water in the oil you probably floated a head. Water messes up engines mainly by getting into the combustion chamber it doesn't compress so the pistion just pushes on it until it lifts the head up and blows the head gasket, breaks a rod, or cracks a head. If you are lucky change the oil let it dry out for a few days and check it again. Personally I wouldn't mess around or you could just end up with a smoked engine.

Wes

pinoyesv6
09-26-2002, 09:52 PM
don't forget to take the intake apart...u chould still have water in there and if u don't take it apart u can mess up the electronics on the MAS too

Auto-9
09-27-2002, 04:42 PM
Same thing happened to my old 4 banger, I drove it into window deep water and drove it 22 miles to the dealership (do NOT do this...last resort). 1400 bucks worth of repair, forgot what they did...then they had to replace my plugs and other ignition related components.

manybrews
09-28-2002, 08:43 AM
probably bent a rod.

will probably need a massive engine repair.