PDA

View Full Version : RPW Headers IN STOCK! 8th Gen Galant/ 3rd Gen Eclipse! CHEAP

Fishboy55
09-27-2002, 06:11 AM
Just to expand on that Tim, based on my experience with the V6 headers, unless you get the HFC, I believe there will be welding required to add a flange to the stock cat in order to mate it to the flex pipe. But that's a very minor welding job. If you get the whole V6 system with the HFC, then the whole thing bolts up.

I can't tell you how good it is to have you working with us with the same enthusiasm and dedication to customer service that David and the rest of RPW has to us. Glad to have you as part of the team. Since I prototyped the V6 headers and the FPR, if there's anything else that I can do to help you out, please PM or email me.

Chip

VisionImports
09-27-2002, 07:18 AM
Hey,
Thanks for the help, you are right about the headers. WIthout the High flow cat, or straight pipe, your would need to lenghten the stock cat, and weld a new flange for it to fit. Again, as stated, a very simple job. It of course would not hurt also for extra horsepower to actually upgrade to the StraightPipe or High Flow Cat. At this time we are not looking for any further test fitting for the V6 application, but we will keep you posted. Thanks again!

Black2k1GTZ
09-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Thanks Chip...I kinda figured thats how it was...but I wasnt 100% sure. Now the headers will bolt right up, but what about the exit sideof the HFC. Does that require welding to the exhaust piping?????

Marc :mg:

Lazarus
09-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Hey Is there any way to get a tracking number on the headers sent out already? Or Who is the Courier. U have been harassing the UPS man every day. Checking for that Box.

VisionImports
09-27-2002, 08:45 PM
I went ahead and sent this information over to you in a PM, with the tracking number included. Hope that was a help, and if you need further info, give me a shout. I know you are all excited to get your stuff, and we are doing the best we can to get everybodys products out in a timely manner. Thanks for your patience.

VisionImports
09-28-2002, 08:29 PM
Our RPW headers do fit the Cali Spec. The only difference in the Fed Spec should have been the extra O2 sensor? I am not sure, but I know that these definelty fit the Cali specs.

Fishboy55
09-28-2002, 09:00 PM
Our RPW headers do fit the Cali Spec. The only difference in the Fed Spec should have been the extra O2 sensor? I am not sure, but I know that these definelty fit the Cali specs.Sobe, if you send a message to Mitsiman, he'll know for sure about the headers. I'm pretty sure they'll fit and Tim is right about the extra O2 sensor. You should search, there's plenty of posts on the I4 headers. They've been in design and refinement for months.

And Sobe, I'm not busting your balls, but Tim and David have taken tremendous care of TGC. Don't even think about treating them the way you treated BigJosh Racing. Show some maturity and respect to RPW and Vision. They've gone above and beyond for us, and continue to do so.

As always, thanks Tim. You're gonna make some I4 people very happy. I'll be getting back to you on the HFC soon.

Chip

BHM Galant
09-29-2002, 09:37 AM
Hey question, are these 4-2-1 headers or 4 to 1 headers? Also which would you recomend better, the straght pipes or the high flow cat?

Lazarus
09-29-2002, 11:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BHM Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey question, are these 4-2-1 headers or 4 to 1 headers? Also which would you recomend better, the straght pipes or the high flow cat?</div>

The Header is a 4-1 As for the straight pipe or High Flow. personally I would go with the High Flow. Not sure if their are any real advantages to the straight pipe except for a little less restriction.

newsobe
09-29-2002, 12:38 PM
anyone has pic ?

Lazarus
09-29-2002, 01:10 PM
ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE:
http://www.visionimports.com/files/4G64Eclipse3.jpg
http://www.visionimports.com/files/4G64Eclipse1.jpg
http://www.visionimports.com/files/4G64Eclipse1.jpg

Courtesy of RPW and VisionImports- Turning Your Vision Into Your Reality

VisionImports
09-29-2002, 06:47 PM
Hey all,
Ok, I think I will start from the previous posts. The headers like I said should fit Cali Spec cars. If you want completely accurate information, why not ask the manufacturer. Check out www.RPW.com.au see if you can send a message to Dave, and ask away. I can only go on the limited info we get, which is test and trial from the other people using our products. Next question, if you buy the headers and they do not fit, you can return them, but we do have a minimal re-stocking fee. Best to be sure, if you want to save yourself time and money, ask Dave. The headers are a 4-1 application, and the O2 sensor is there. Also, the Straight Pipe will give you the best power increase, but in some areas it is illegal for smogging reasons, as well as noise. It will be MUCH louder then the High Flow Cat. They will fit the 2001 ES, with none, or very minimal modification if any. They will bolt-right up, and the install is relitively simple. You can have some ratchets, and a jack..or you may want to make it easy on yourself and have a lift, and power tools, but either way, you can do it yourself. We have these headers in stock, and due to the amount of calls, and orders we are getting, the prices are liable to go up in the very near future to the original retail, as opposed to the reduced sale prices. So if you are looking to order, best you do so on Monday. Any more questions, call or write me. Thanks