PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof is leaking!!!

manybrews
09-27-2002, 07:15 AM
factory sunroof?

cause if it is, you have a clogged drain or two (the factory design is NOT meant to keep water out, but rather channel it through 4 drain tubes which can occasionally get clogged with leaves and crap)

rfpa1
09-27-2002, 09:01 AM
Hey, I have the same problem for the past few years. I guess your sunroof is not the factory installed. I got mine from the dealer.

What you need to do is replace the whole gasket around the sunroof. I am planning to do mine when I take some time off.

I do the same I keep some towels when it rains.
I have not found any other solution so far.

BEAST
09-30-2002, 04:45 PM
Mine does that to. Only when it rains really hard or for a long time. I think mine is factory, and it only leaks a little. The roof somewhat gets wet. Where are the drain tubes located?

rfpa1
09-30-2002, 06:04 PM
Look at either side on the front. one by the driver side and the other by the pass. I think I have seen one around the middle in the back. They might be hard to find. They are in between the outher and iner rubber seals.

Gen7es
10-07-2002, 08:06 PM
Hello BLs and to you BEAST and everyone else with this problem,
I had the exact same thing happen to my baby (97ES)
After a mid to heavy rain, I would get a little piddle right in my lap coming from the corners of the factory roof then, I would walk around all day like I had a bladder control issue!

SOLUTION!
If you can, go to your local Mitsu dealer and ask them to blow out the drain holes in the roof they'll probably use an air hose and that should alleviate the problem permanently. To make sure that this doesn't happen too much in the future, after washing the car and drying the roof, open it and wipe around inside with a damp cloth (damp with water only! no Chemicals!)and maybe blow around with a can of compressed air. You know, give it an eyeball to see if there are any foreign things inside the tracks or anywhere inside and remove it.

This is what I did and not only have I not had this problem again, I'll open my roof right after it rains and don't even get so much as moist!!

BTW: I think Manybrews and rfpals are correct the drainholes are near the far corners.

I know I'm long winded but I is jees tryin' to hep! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

C'Ya

queball
10-08-2002, 09:19 PM
you guys need to cral under your cars with a air line if you look under the car by the bac wheel wells there will be two black nipples stick out one on each side they kinda look like cones i had to put a air compresser to mine becouse they were clog with shit, that damn nipple or cone thing they put on the end of the hose gets cloged up real easy, theres also two in the front as well..