PDA

View Full Version : Interior Trim Pieces

silveresv6
07-29-2004, 05:32 AM
OK guys hopefully you won't cream me on this one. I am going to start painting my interior and searched the site on how to take out all the pieces (i.e. vent trim, door handle, ect.) and looked thru about 10 pages of posts, but couldn't find one that explained how to take the pieces off. Maybe I overlooked it so if someones knows where to find it or possibly could write out how to do it that would be great. I am also planning on putting in a new head unit this weekend and andy info on taking that out would be great too. (I didn't search for that one yet, just throwing it in https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif ) I appreciate anything that will help.

Thanx

white_gtz
07-29-2004, 06:42 AM
All the A/C vents come out with a flathead and some prying in the right location. The door handles come off only when you take the interior door panel off and take off a couple screws. Taking the panel off is the only way their accessible.

silveresv6
07-31-2004, 02:25 AM
Hey thanx for the help. I took everything out yesterday and am going to go get the paint today. Unfortunatly being in germany i cant find the krylon fusion but they love to paint their interiors over here and i found one that alot of ppl recomend will do the trick. Going with black interior and yellow accents. I took before pics and as soon as i get everything finished up ill post before and afters. I plan on doing the dash in black vinyl and getting the katskinz seats(does someone still have contacts on these or am i going to have to buy them full price?? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif ) well thanx again, hope to post up these pics by the end of the weekend.

VIO
08-01-2004, 11:16 PM
don't worry about using krylon fusion. the color selection is very limited. just use a plastic primer, then any paint you want and don't forget to use lot's of coats of clearcoat. cheers.

08-04-2004, 04:32 AM
um.. yeah.. plastic primer.... can't stress that enough... might have been the humidity might have been the primer but my center console is peeling like a bugger... gona have to redo it this weekend. even sanded it.

I used a medium metalic blue for my interior ( click www link for pics ) when I get a chance Ill check the the cans and post the name of the paint they have a wide variety of colors..

silveresv6
08-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Phase 1 of iterior painting done but.........

I had a problem with the german paint https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/217000-217999/217858_17.jpg
but after many hours of sanding to get it fixed

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/217000-217999/217858_20.jpg

All the rest of the of the grey will be done in black, plastic painted with fabric and vinyl on the dash in black vinyl

You can see all the rest and my newly cleared corners . just click the link in my sig

VIO
08-09-2004, 11:47 AM
yellow?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? :shock:

silveresv6
08-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Yep Yellow......or as the German can says....Speed Yellow lol the rest is goin to be black so it will all come around https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

VIO
08-09-2004, 04:00 PM
are you painting the outside of your car as well?

cremeofthecrop
08-09-2004, 07:08 PM
i would hope so, that yellow is uber not blending with the grey

galantv600
08-09-2004, 10:58 PM
only silver G i can remmeber relaly well was from that guy off Cardomain that was all German.. talkin bout his trips to germany and what not... with the car that he crashed twice into the deer... he had that same yellow scheme goin for him.... aslong as that floats your boat.. keep it up

silveresv6
08-11-2004, 03:22 PM
yeah eventually I will be painting the outside too but with changing the interior color, getting springs, a body kit, and brakes all around(with braided lines) it is going awhile before I get to the outside paint. besides that i really dont know what color i would go with....my wife is suggesting a smokey clear coat on top of the silver to kinda tint it, but im not to sure how that would turn out.....

VIO
08-12-2004, 10:06 AM
well you'll need at least some yellow on the outside to make the interior look as though it belongs on the car. you know? maybe you could get away with just painting the break calipers yellow and some yellow silicon hoses under the hood. you could also paint your mitsu symbol and any of the badges you have yellow as well. cheers.

Gladiator
08-18-2004, 01:29 PM
How can I remove the piece by the shift knob? Just pop it out or what? Thanks

pinoyesv6
08-18-2004, 01:30 PM
its held in by 4 friction clips at each corner. so pretty much grab one side and pop that out and then work your way around til its all out. what i like to do is push down on the area right in front of the ash try. that will give you just enough room to grab the trim ring with your hands and pop it out

Gladiator
08-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Awesome thanks, I painted that piece yesterday. Now its just the door panels left.

It seems to me that the rear door panels only have two screws to secure it, are there any more that I might have missed?

:shock:

surreal
03-27-2006, 08:25 PM
i cannot remove the center vent, the one with the hazard button in the middle, if i pry any harder its feels as if im going to dent or crack my dash...

cntrylvr79
03-27-2006, 08:33 PM
There a clip under the center of each vent that has to be pushed up from inside the radio housing. So basically take the radio out, which will expose the lower half of the vents, then feel for the clips, push them up and you'll be able to remove the center vents.

pinoyesv6
03-27-2006, 08:34 PM
what i do is remove the radio. if you have small fingers then you can just remove the lil trim piece over the radio.

once the radio is out you can see the bottom tabs holding the vents into the dash. so you just work those out.

surreal
03-29-2006, 11:33 AM
damn, that is alot more work then i would have thought to remove a trim, oh well...