PDA

View Full Version : 8G Galant Chassis at work on the racetrack!!!!

Dr. Design
08-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Hello All,
We know this video is not of a Galant. However it does share the same chassis. Our point is to show how well the chassis can work if supplied with the right components. You will notice how being able to hold a tighter line, while carrying more speed, will allow you to pass other cars with more horsepower!

http://dthreedesigns.com/videos/3G_passing...g_WRX_Small.wmv ('http://dthreedesigns.com/videos/3G_passing_WRX_Small.wmv')
http://dthreedesigns.com/videos/D3_GTS_Wil...rings_Small.wmv ('http://dthreedesigns.com/videos/D3_GTS_Willow_Springs_Small.wmv')

Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Mante
08-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks for bringing this up here, but honestly it would be more appealing if it were on a galant. Due in part that the galant weighs more then the 3g as well as alot of members here have "been there done that" with claims of products by other vendors. Nothing against you or your company.

Dr. Design
08-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Hello,
Yes. We understand that this is a different car. However as you know the platform is the same. So reletively speaking the same type performance is reasonable. Check out this testimonial from a 8G Galant owner.

This was submitted to us from a customer who purchased the CSK-C for his 8G Galant. This test was done on his time and money, completely independent of D3 Automotive Designs.

"This time the test was done on the same day, same driver (me, because I know my car best) with the same conditions through every run. 3 runs were attempted for the CSK car, and 3 more runs used for the non-CSK prepped vehicle. The best of each 3 were used to compare against. Just to bias *AGAINST* the CSK and make it a little bit more unfair for it...there were no practice runs, and the car tested *FIRST* was CSK equipped. The track has 2 laser points, one to determine starting time and one used to determine end time. There is a wet portion of the test in addition to just dry tarmac, but in this test it was unlikely to influence the results much. How were we able to test back to back so quickly? Well it turns out...most dealerships have a service department. We borrowed their lift and services for a total of 50 dollars (for liftening, uninstalling the kit , reinstalling the kit , etc), plus the track for 25 dollars. That's right...I/We shelled out 75 bucks for this test.

Result: Non-CSK best time: 1 minute 37.8 seconds (3rd run)
CSK equipped best time: 1 minute 36.6 seconds (2nd run)

Most people will be quick to say, "that's just a mere 1.2 seconds better!!" However, I think you and most race drivers (and me) would agree...people kill for just 1.2 seconds. Stiffened, the car felt much more composed. It could not eliminate the creaking and groaning from the stabilizer bar/control arms completely, because they're not greased, but it made a noticible difference in volume and consistancy of the noises. Later in the runs with the kit off they would be random and intermittent, now it was more predictable as to which turns were likely to make the car moan and groan. Once again, just like the first time I reviewed the kit , the car just felt more solid and composed. When I was driving the non-stiffened car, it was once again crying out in pain (or so it would seem). The noises from stress were almost unbearable, made worst by the fact that my anti-roll bar bushings are not greased, nor were my control arm bushings. You could hear and slightly feel the popping from the body attempting to twist, and the clunk/crunk from the control arms/stabilizer bars being stressed during hard cornering doing much more work than they would like to.

This time I had the new car fleet manager certify my results, however as my scanner is broken I will have to wait until my friend can let me borrow the services of his scanner as proof. Once again, the test car's specs:

99-03 Galant (non-GTZ trim)
H&R springs
Factory equipped Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires 205/55R16
Factory recommended pressures 32 psi front 29 psi rear
KYB AGX adjustable struts/shocks
Eclipse strut bar
Eclipse anti-roll bars (16mm front, 19mm rear)
Polyurethane anti-roll bar/control arm bushings front/rear
D3 chassis stiffening kit

Course Condition:
93 degrees
Tarmac temperature 113 degrees
Humidity 89%
1 "slippery when wet" section”

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for bringing this up here, but honestly it would be more appealing if it were on a galant. *Due in part that the galant weighs more then the 3g as well as alot of members here have "been there done that" with claims of *products by other vendors. *Nothing against you or your company.</div>

FastNFabolous
08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Very impressive D3. Dont mean to go a lil off topic but what are you guys running on that Eclipse, turbo or supercharger? Damn, smoking Ferraris & Porches.

Dr. Design
08-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Hello,
Thank you! The vehicle you see in the video is N/A. No power adders just chassis bracing and suspension. Everything else is just bolt ons.

Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>Very impressive D3. *Dont mean to go a lil off topic but what are you guys running on that Eclipse, turbo or supercharger? *Damn, smoking Ferraris & Porches.</div>