PDA

View Full Version : Air suspension?

ZigenScarface
08-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Ok so i have a 99 galant i4 4g64.. and i want to put in air bags. my driveway is pretty steep and sometimes the front spoiler gets scratched. i dont wanna raise it for good, and i wanna be able to slam it on the ground at shows or in parkin lots, does anyone kno where i can get airbags that pretty much bolt on where i dont have to cut or weld anything? any sites or links?

TWISTED II
08-04-2004, 04:25 PM
www.aimind.com

its a complete bolt on kit, no cutting or welding. the kit took about 9 hours to intall with wires, switches, all the airline and all that junk. i had it for over a year and it was pretty good. got me to the point where the side skirt would touch the ground fully deflated, but slightly higher than stock fully inflated. lemme know if you have any more questions about being bagged.

TWISTED II
08-04-2004, 04:27 PM
i said this in another thread, but didn't feel like typing it again. so its copied and pasted from another thread on air ride. this is what i think you should do:

i would recomend just getting the strut bags and rods from them, along with the compressors and valves. get the air lines and fittings at a truck shop. the push fittings they give you are junk, but the neoprine ones you can buy for truck breaks work a lot better and will save you time and money in the end. the tank can be bought at any store for 30 bucks. i would also recomend getting 4 valves instead of 2. if you use 2 (1 front, 1 back) its a joined suspension, therefor if you go over a bump on the right side, it will push air out of the right and into the left, causing a much bumpier ride. if you use 4, (one on each corner) its an independant suspension, so if the right side hits a bump, the left one will remain the same. just like cars suspensions are normally. lemme know if you have any other questions, i've delt with a lot of air ride issues over the 2 years of me being bagged.

ZigenScarface
08-04-2004, 05:32 PM
haha awesome, thanks alot man!
im sure ill be contacting you again for more info :oops:

str8304
08-05-2004, 12:11 AM
i got my bag setup installed by www.diggablestreetstylz.com i think the kit was ordered through suspension werkz

COgalant
08-05-2004, 12:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(str8304)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got my bag setup installed by www.diggablestreetstylz.com Â*i think the kit was ordered through suspension werkz</div>

That's the hot fire. You car looks SICK when its bagged all the way down...

TWISTED II
08-05-2004, 02:25 AM
same drop as from AIM Industries. same bad -camber in the rear and everything.

TwistedGalant
09-15-2005, 09:56 PM
I got my air struts from easystreet. www.airliftcompany.com. Lays pretty good. I'm getting ready to hack the ass end apart and get it to lay side skirt. go to http://www.streetsource.com/viewownerprofi...?profileid=3341 ('http://www.streetsource.com/viewownerprofile.aspx?profileid=3341') for pics

ZigenScarface
09-16-2005, 10:40 AM
haha wb bro, actually i just got a 2002 galant es and im still looking for a setup, how much did urs cost?

TwistedGalant
09-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I got a friend that runs area 51 customs in Fredricksburg VA. 540-898-0951 Ask for Jason He will help you out. The struts are the only thing I bout that were easystreet. They ran about 1100 around there lol