PDA

View Full Version : How do I set the car to honk when I lock the car

matt03es
08-05-2004, 04:24 PM
I have an 03 ES and the car is set to just flash the lights when I lock the car.
I tried holding down both buttons for 4-10 seconds and that does not work.
Somebody told be to disconnect the battery under the hood. Should I disconnect the positive and negative? Fow how long?
I don't have the radio code so don't want it to reset that.
Thanks very much in advance.

pinoyesv6
08-05-2004, 04:26 PM
hold the lock button down for 4-10 seconds. and during that 4-10 seconds press the unlock button and then release both buttons.

matt03es
08-05-2004, 04:28 PM
I tried that, it does not work.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

pinoyesv6
08-05-2004, 04:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(matt03es)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tried that, it does not work.
Any other ideas?
Thanks</div>

does your horn still work??

again this is how you do it since you said you held both buttons.

step 1
press lock button for 6 seconds

step 2

at the 5th second press the unlock button, while still pressing the lock button.

step 3

at the 6th second, let go of both buttons.

matt03es
08-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Got it to work, thanks. I was honding in the unlock button for too long.

rainfever
08-06-2004, 03:32 PM
you could always make a baby, wait a year, then just trian it to sit in the car and honk whenever you leave https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

BIGMONEYDAY
08-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Pinoy, will this also work for a 99 ES V6? If so, if I repeated that process, would it turn the horn back off?

pinoyesv6
08-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Pinoy, will this also work for a 99 ES V6? If so, if I repeated that process, would it turn the horn back off?

same for the 99. and yea if you did it again, you'd turn the horn back off

now if you start off by holding the unlock button and then later pressing the lock button, then you'll activate/deactivate the flashing light confirmation

Fishboy55
08-07-2004, 10:26 AM
I tried that, it does not work.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

Well since the attenuator horn for the alarm is separte from the normal car horn, why would it matter if his horn works??? They don't even share the same circuit.

pinoyesv6
08-07-2004, 08:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(matt03es)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tried that, it does not work.
Any other ideas?
Thanks</div>

</div>

Well since the attenuator horn for the alarm is separte from the normal car horn, why would it matter if his horn works??? They don't even share the same circuit.</div>

because the door lock confirmation uses the same horn as the one used in the steering wheel.

my car didn't come with teh factory alarm and my horn still honks when i lock the door with the factory key fob. am i using this imaginary attenuator horn for the factory alarm i don't have??

BlankMan
08-07-2004, 08:44 PM
I think what Chip meant is the actual physical horn is the same, but it uses a separate activation circuit. Afterall, there's no little knome pushing you steering wheel switch when you arm/disarm or lock/unlock via the factory remote...

J

pinoyesv6
08-07-2004, 08:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think what Chip meant is the actual physical horn is the same, but it uses a separate activation circuit. Â*Afterall, there's no little knome pushing you steering wheel switch when you arm/disarm or lock/unlock via the factory remote...

J</div>

no. there are 2 seperate horns. and to show that chip is thinking the same, i'll put in a lil quote

[quote="Fishboy55"]There are two separate horns on your car. One for the alarm and one for the main horn. quote]

but yea, even if there was one horn. if the actual horn, the part that makes noise was broke, then it wouldn't make a sound.

Faction
08-07-2004, 09:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(matt03es)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tried that, it does not work.
Any other ideas?
Thanks</div>

</div>

Well since the attenuator horn for the alarm is separte from the normal car horn, why would it matter if his horn works??? They don't even share the same circuit.</div>

Even though I'm not that familiar with that kind of eletronics, I'm laughing at you because you have two warnings....hahahahaha ass

4g64i4
08-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Hi
I'm an newbie here and my horn newer worked even when i got the car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
the lights will flash but that is about it. I tried it like 100 times but i never does anything
any sugestion fixes or anything?

4g64i4
08-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Hi
I'm an newbie here and on my 99 the horn newer worked even when i got the car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif the lights will flash but that is about it. I tried it like 100 times but i never does anything
any sugestion fixes or anything?

pinoyesv6
08-26-2004, 11:01 AM
does the actual horn work?? like when u push on the steering wheel, does the horn make a noise??

4g64i4
08-26-2004, 11:06 AM
yeah it does
that is what i dont understand
<---Crazy

datdude305
08-26-2004, 01:57 PM
well i got no factory alarm but can i still do this 4 the locks ?
i hav tried hundreds of times wont work !

ryans99es2.4
08-26-2004, 05:38 PM
i went on break at work to try it out and it didn't work https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

is it possibly my model didn't have that option?

it's a 99es2.4

4g64i4
08-26-2004, 09:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'>i went on break at work to try it out and it didn't work Â*:( Â*

is it possibly my model didn't have that option?

it's a 99es2.4</div> https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif that's sad i'm sorry man i dont have it eather

ryans99es2.4
08-27-2004, 02:57 PM
dude, you are from louisville, we should hang out some time and weep that we don't have the door lock honk confirmation :wink:

nrgizeman
08-27-2004, 03:01 PM
i dont think 99 galants have that feature -> honk when locking the doors.
i have 99 and my doesnt honk when i lock.

pinoyesv6
08-27-2004, 04:23 PM
break out the owners manual. it should be in there how to set it. i really doubt it but it might be different for the 99's