PDA

View Full Version : dash illumination ?'s

mrteacha
08-06-2004, 09:56 AM
my wife insists that the hvac controls were once lit as well as the shift selector oin the middle console. as of now the prdn21 indicator in the console do not lite up nor do the settings/markings on the a/c, heater .do these have any illumination on them? since ive had the car(2yrs) i have never seen these areas lit up...

Ositoyb
08-06-2004, 10:56 AM
they DO light up. you may want to check your fuses, and see if any of them are burnt out. When you turn on your parking light, the gears, dashboard, and cluster should ALL light up. hope this helped.

mrteacha
08-06-2004, 12:13 PM
first thing i did was check the fuse was ok where exactly are the bulbs maybe my next step would be to change them out

Ositoyb
08-06-2004, 12:36 PM
sounds weird. that ALL your lights wouldnt light up anymore. meaning, your 3 hvac lights, and your gear lights wont light up as-well ALL at the same time.

Ikudni
08-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Nope.. not weird.. all of mine went out almost at the same time. There is a post on it in here with all of the correct bulbs.. you can buy them at Radio shack.

seth98esT
08-06-2004, 12:45 PM
The bulb for the drive letter is easy, jut take off the shifter cover, and the center console and you can get to it. You could just take off the shift knob, then take off the plastic piece that says prd21 but thats a pain...

Ikudni
08-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Here:
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ight=radioshack ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=13088&highlight=radioshack')

JiP
08-06-2004, 01:22 PM
This may be a stupid response but...is your dimmer control turned all the way down? That will prety much shutdown all the lights but your speedo/tach lights will go as well.

mrteacha
08-07-2004, 12:30 PM
This may be a stupid response but...is your dimmer control turned all the way down? That will prety much shutdown all the lights but your speedo/tach lights will go as well.its set to max. actually the speedo lights and radio lights work fine and dim with the dimmer from low to high its them other fukers that dont light

8G_GTZ
08-07-2004, 02:00 PM
sounds like the lights to me. run up to radioshack and get the bulbs suggested in the post posted above.

nme7
08-15-2004, 03:07 PM
It's the lights. I was able to replace the small bulbs that reside inside the hazard, A/C and recirculate switch. I haven't found a way to replace the lights on the dials that control the A/C temp and flow position. Those dials seem to go out everynow and then but if I move them, the light comes back on.

One tip. Be extremely careful when you pull of the colored (usually white or red) rubber sock on the burnt out bulb. Due to age, the rubber is usually not pliant anymore so if you try to remove them, it will break or tear off. I was not able to save any of them so when the new bulbs went back in, it did not have any color other than just white.

REDLANT97
10-22-2004, 11:08 AM
my HVAC and SHIFTEr lights all work. Just my buttons like the recirculation dont work, maybe the bulb and is there anyway i can fix it?

Ikudni
10-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Well.. there is 2 ways to go about it. Go to the dealer and pay a lot of money for them..like 50 bucks a piece or go to the above link and buy the bulbs from radio shack for about 1.25, take the button apart and replace them. It takes about 15 minutes.. and it's easy.

Ikudni
10-22-2004, 12:23 PM
I got a 94-96 guage cluster from and took the
P
R
N
inlay from it for my 97-98, installed the bulbs and assumed it would work.. but it doesn't.. any ideas and how to get this to work?