PDA

View Full Version : How do you make CAI out of K&N FIPK

Jesse
09-27-2002, 12:15 PM
I have the filter that came with the fipk, the filter is awesome, but the rubber fitting on it is oval shaped like the mas. Is there a way to make a CAI out of it? I want to be able to put a pipe between the MAS and the filter, but not have to get a new filter.

seth98esT
09-27-2002, 12:24 PM
That will be kinda hard unluss you have some kind of pipe bender machine. Then you could buy the civic pipe from auto zone and form one end to fit on the filter. But other than that i dont think you could just directly put on your current filter on a normal civic pipe.

you should just sell the filter and buy a $20 filter at auto zone

brandon
09-27-2002, 12:30 PM
You could get a rubber or silicon fitting, and place it on the civic pipe and inside the end of the filter... but you risk having the filter fall off.

It happened to me.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

2True
09-27-2002, 12:33 PM
A good silicon reducer tightened down really snug might work.
I mean mine goes from the back of the MAS to a 3" tube. Look at mine, you can kinda see it under the strut bar, best I could do for ya Jes.
Silicon reducers stretch like crazy...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid33/pdc9b1ee751636086a42dc551046c3fdb/fd3ab022.jpg

Jesse
09-27-2002, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys, I think I came to the conclusion that I'm screw.

Unless they make an oval pipe to gut my filter, then it ain't gonna happent for me. Unless I can make an adapter that goes from oval to round, wait a damn minute.

What if I got an 2 adapters that goes from oval to round, and put it one at the filter and connected it to a 3" pipe and then did the same thing at the MAS?

Think it would work? I'm trying to think if the adapter would fit inside the filter and clamp on. Any thoughts?

2True
09-27-2002, 02:02 PM
Seems do-able Jes. Alson seems like a pin in the ars.

Not to mention you may have difficulty fitting that HUGE filter in there. Remember there are a lot of hoses and your ATF dipstick to consider...

Jesse
09-30-2002, 12:43 PM
Where can I get an adapter for the MAS sensor so I can put on the pipe?

Then, is there an adapter that I can put from the pipe and it will allow me to tighten down the oval filter? The oval opening isn't really that pliable, so it'll have to be the same shape.

MitsuMan
09-30-2002, 02:52 PM
Jes,
what about an adjustable fitting to put on the filter, maybe rubber or silicone or something that will shape to the contours of the filter and use standard belt to strap everything and tighten it down..........its really a matter of making atrip to home depot and seeing how creative u can be, look in the plumbing section, im sure u can think of something...

pinoyesv6
09-30-2002, 03:53 PM
so u really wanna do this eh...well here's my input. u can either move the MAS or, maybe get a MAS adaptor, the round one. put that @ the end of the intake tube, and bolt the oval intake adaptor to the round one and then stick the filter on like that. thats an idea, mavy get some kinda filler for any gaps that may occur.

uhm another thing u can do is switch to pvc @ the bottom of the intake pipe, heat it up, and bend it to an oval...

Jesse
09-30-2002, 04:58 PM
A hah, finally, that's a great idea. Get something that'll melt to reform, then harden back into place. Great Idea. Thanks