PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Just installed the KYB and PROGRESS...

ECDPinoy
08-06-2004, 08:28 PM
...guys just installed new suspension setup, and set the fronts = 2 and rear = 3, nice ride but i feel a little bit of bounciness, do i need to change the settings or adjustment period from stock setup... :?:

...the camber correction kit installed on the fronts only, the rear is perfect, no correction needed this after the alignment...all the while i thought camber correction will mostly happen on the rear for 01Galant...hmmm

BlankMan
08-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Yah - usually the rear is where the adjustment is needed. Strange - but then it's true each car is a little different thant the next...

Can't say on the settings questions. Still riding n stock struts myself - might change them out this winter - but then again, might keep them til they start to go. There actually hold very nice with the Tien drop.

J

DryBear
08-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Blankman, How long have you been riding on stock shocks with your drop - I'm still on stock shocks too, and wondering how much longer I can go with them (roads are not too bad in my area)

Wolfman
08-07-2004, 02:53 AM
Blankman, How long have you been riding on stock shocks with your drop - I'm still on stock shocks too, and wondering how much longer I can go with them (roads are not too bad in my area) if you still want stock shocks I got some with 26K miles on them and they were never used when the car was dropped $75 plus shipping in case you don't wanna go aftermarket there a cheap solution

BlankMan
08-07-2004, 07:14 AM
I'd say at least a year - about 10,000 miles. Maybe a bit more or less. I was around 21k when installed and just hit 31k.

J

ECDPinoy
08-07-2004, 11:27 AM
...okay...change the settings to 3 all around...there's still a bit of bounce but tolerable...in general i like the ride, tight (you can really feel it) and more responsive on handling (like 330ci)...all i need now is the FD STB (back-order) and some 18" to complete the subtle mods.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

...KYB AGX and PROGRESS, really worth the money...btw, thnx guys and this forum for all the tips and the grooup buys.... :thumbsup:

Danger DANJ
08-09-2004, 05:57 PM
You needed a camber kit up front, but not in the rear? I guess there is a first for everything.

ECDPinoy
08-10-2004, 10:30 AM
...yup, DanJ...i was also suprised when the tech told me that too, and to prove it he gave me the readings all printed out to confirm the alignment and camber settings....guess i have to monitor the rear tires now to find out if they wearing out unevenly fast...

brandon
08-10-2004, 02:26 PM
My front tires too are wearing like crazy... backs look just fine.

Danger DANJ
08-11-2004, 09:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ECDPinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>...yup, DanJ...i was also suprised when the tech told me that too, and to prove it he gave me the readings all printed out to confirm the alignment and camber settings....guess i have to monitor the rear tires now to find out if they wearing out unevenly fast...</div>

It doesn't surprise me that you didn't need a camber kit in the rear because many people have installed springs, especially Progress, and have said they didn't need any camber kits. You know, with the front, my camber was off too with the Progress springs, but not so much that the alignment shop couldn't fix it without a kit.