PDA

View Full Version : Question for the tranny swap gurus

Mindless
08-08-2004, 08:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33733 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7915254274&category=33733')

Ok, see that plate on the back with the four bolts sticking through it and the mount on the front of the tranny? Do I need either of these? Or will the ones from auto tranny work?

seth98esT
08-08-2004, 08:40 PM
My tranny came with one so I just used that. You can use both top, front mount, rear mount, and the front mount perch. But I couldnt get the rear auto perch to bolt on(not physically possible). So you do need the rear 5spd perch.

RIght now I am battling my shifter cables I bought from slut. They fit better than the 2g cbles but they still are a bit tangled or something...

Mindless
08-09-2004, 07:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>My tranny came with one so I just used that. Â*You can use both top, front mount, rear mount, and the front mount perch. Â*But I couldnt get the rear auto perch to bolt on(not physically possible). Â*So you do need the rear 5spd perch. Â*

RIght now I am battling my shifter cables I bought from slut. Â*They fit better than the 2g cbles but they still are a bit tangled or something...</div>

So I need the rear 5 speed tranny mount? What is the problem with the 2g cables seth?

seth98esT
08-09-2004, 07:46 AM
2g cables are just a little bit too long. They will work, just hafta do a bit of pushing around.

You dont need the rear 5spd mount. You need the rear perch. The black metal piece that bolts onto the tranny.

Mindless
08-09-2004, 08:24 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>2g cables are just a little bit too long. Â*They will work, just hafta do a bit of pushing around.

You dont need the rear 5spd mount. Â*You need the rear perch. Â*The black metal piece that bolts onto the tranny.</div>

Gotcha..thanks dude. :thumbsup:

Livn2sk8
08-09-2004, 05:02 PM
and keep in mind, if it's anything like my tranny, that "perch" is a pain in the ASS to get off........just forewarning you!

seth98esT
08-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Mine were easy. 1/2" breaker bar does wonders.

brandon
08-10-2004, 07:32 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again... breaker bars are best friends.

Livn2sk8
08-10-2004, 05:33 PM
I think my breaker bar almost broke on me tryin to get those off, I finally shaved off the upper portion of the bolts that hold that motor mount on, so I could change out my mount....they come to a point....and.....who cares if they come to a point? they don't anymore!!! I couldn't get those other bolts that hold the "perch" off, so...phuck it!